Working At a Show

Mia's P.O.V

It's been two weeks since I told Danny and Kono what the doctor told me, he's been watching over me more then usual which started to get annoying but I understand why he's being that way. I sighed but smiled since Grace walked into my room.

Grace:"Your best mom ever."
Me:"Awe, why is that?"
Grace:"Rachel would never take me to anything like this."
Me:"Well, it's time for a change."

We both smiled,

Me:"You need to get dressed, we have to leave soon."
Grace:"Okay, give me ten minutes."

I nodded and she darted out of my room. A moment passed by and Danny walked in,

Danny:"Hey."
Me:"Hey babe."
Danny:"You okay?"
Me:"Yea, just can't seem to get my mind off the appointment two weeks ago.."

Danny frowned and walked over to me and sat down.

Danny:"It's going to be okay Mia, your taking our daughter to a concert of your boyfriend, so have fun don't even think about the c word."
Me:"He's not my boyfriend Danny, your my future husband and that's how I want it to be. And I know I should be having fun but I feel bad for keeping this from Grace.."
Danny:"She'll understand hun, once we know more we will tell her together, okay?"

I sighed then nodded,

Danny:"So put on your boots miss Luke ain't my boyfriend."

I glared at him but he was staring at my shirt chuckling, I looked down and rolled my eyes,

Me:"I've had this shirt for years. My cousin Mary got it for me as a birthday gift."
Danny:"Keep it, I wouldn't want you to get rid of it anyway. Besides this would make me one of the few that isn't jealous over him."
Me:"True-"

Steve stood in the doorway of my bedroom,

Steve:"Hey, you two need to come down to HQ. The governor wants a word with everyone."
Me:"About what?"
Steve:"Not sure, your phone rang, I saw the caller ID so I answered it for you."
Me:"Thanks Steve. When are you ever going to accept the Five-0 badge?"
Steve:"Whenever you offer again."

I nodded and both Danny and I stood up following Steve when Grace came out of her room,

Grace:"You have to go to work.."-she frowned-
Me:"Only for a moment, come with us. We'll leave from there."

She smiled and followed behind us down the stairs. We all walked out of the house and Steve got in my truck as Grace and I got in Danny's car.

-At HQ-

We all walked into the office seeing Chin and Kono standing there talking to the governor.

Governor:"There you are, hey congratulations on the engagement."
Me:"Thank you sir."
Governor:"Since your here, I can discuss why I wanted to talk to all of you."

I raised my eyebrow as I peered over his shoulder to see Luke Bryan, his wife, kids and your manager in my office. I jumped in place and the governor laughed.

Governor:"I see you saw our guests."
Me:"I did! Sorry I couldn't help it, I had a feeling we weren't alone in here."
Governor:"It's okay, sorry to borrow your office Mia."
Me:"Sir, no apology needed. I mean come on who gets a once in a lifetime chance to say they have Luke Bryan and his family in their office?"
Danny:"Wait what?"

I grabbed Danny pulling him over a bit so he could see,

Danny:"Oh okay, so what's going on?"
Governor:"Most of his fans know about the jealousy of men who are either in a relationship or married to his female fans. Lately it has been getting worse, he's been receiving death threats. A few that I know of has come from our state ever since word got out that Luke would be coming to Hawaii. Of course Luke did his research, and found out about our best task force, he wants to hire you guys in case anything goes wrong. He just doesn't feel comfortable about risking his family's life."
Me:"I can't say I blame him. I feel the same way with my family. We'll be there, I was actually on my way there with Grace."
Governor:"Oh so you bought tickets?"
Me:"Yes two actually and two meet and greets."
Governor:"Great, since you'll be in the crowd that will give you full access to everyone around you."
Me:"Yes sir."
Danny:"The rest of the team and I will set up a perimeter outside making sure everything stays safe out there and nobody goes in with anything harmful."
Governor:"Mia?"
Me:"Sir?"
Governor:"Would you like to meet Luke and his family now?"