Still A Father! (Negaduck & Nega-Gosyaln)*

Part Two:
Just The June Heat! (Negaduck & Gosalyn)

OG Duckwing Duck
Negaduck & Nega-Gosalyn (Lyn)
Fluff

⚠️ Trigger Warning: ⚠️
Mild Cursing & Implied Past Child Abuse (not by Negaduck)

He couldn't sleep. Not with the soft glow of the black amulet looming in the corner of his eye. That morning he had slung it across the room and forgot about it but now, under the cover of night, it was like the sun shining him in the face.

He grumbled as he crossed the floor. He picked up the gold chain. Put the necklace on, the note had said. Would it work? Did he care? He didn't get his hopes up but placed it on his neck.

He blinked and was stunned at the sudden change of scenery. His demolished apartment was now nice and new, yet abandoned. He stared out the window and the city looked familiar to the one he had left but not completely. The residents had clearly taken to rebuilding the place he once called home.

With a snarl, he marched out of the apartment and made his way to the hero's compound. He was going to knock some heads for this. When made to the rooftop of the warehouse he saw only one light was on and curiosity got to him. He lowered himself to it.

Inside was a simple bed with pink sheets and a little red-head girl wearing an oversized t-shirt. It was so unlike anything she would typically wear and her normal curls were soaked like she had just showered. There was also a certain annoying hero rat standing over her.

"Lyn, honey, that thing's getting old. Are you sure you don't want to change?" The rat made a face at her choice of nightwear.

"No, I'm good!" She smiled getting into bed and hugging the shirt. The hero sighed in defeat.

"Alright, night my sweet girl." He ran a hand through her hair and the villain growled at the touch. The hero walked out, flipping the lights off.

After a second there was rummaging in a drawer and she pulled out a flashlight. She jumped up and locked the door. Then pulled out a small book and wrote in it for a minute before she put it back. She went to turn off the light but froze.

"When did you get back?" she called into the dark. She didn't sound scared, more curious.

"Why'd you lock the door?" he dropped into the room.

"It's a habit, from before," she mumbled. She didn't like to talk about before he unofficially adopted her. Negaduck clenched his fists. She was the only asshole in this world that actually deserved to not be treated like shit and he despised the conditions he found her in. "Are you here to take me back?"

He stared at her. He knew she would go with him, however begrudgingly it might be. She wouldn't complain and she would take it like a champ. Even if living with him did put a strain on her. He looked her over again. She looked healthy if not tired.

"That's Launchpad's shirt." He pointed out the obvious. She was used to not getting a straight answer from him. He would answer her questions on his own time.

"It smells like home." She cuddled into the piece of cloth once again. She was too fucking good at being cute.

"Scooch." He shooed her and collapsed on the bed beside her. She shuffled back into his warmth. "Those hero's treating you good, kid?"

She nodded but threw herself at him. He wrapped his arms around her protectively. He barely heard her say. "I've missed you."

He went to say something but the door giggled. He glanced up and heard someone sigh. It stopped for a second and he heard keys hit the lock.

"Lyn, I've told you about locking the door. It's not safe." The rat locked eyes with the villain sitting on the girl's bed. He glanced at her. She seemed unhurt but she didn't look like she was moving. He sounded panicked, "Lyn!?"

"Yea?" She yawned, turning over the villain's lap rubbing her eyes.

"Are you okay?" He sounded breathless. She nodded as Nega pulled her closer to him, narrowing his eyes at the rat.

"Leave," he snarled.

The hero looked between them. Negaduck challenged the man to do or say anything else. Finally, the hero decided.

"Lyn, I'm in the other room if you need me."

"I know," she giggled and rolled back over towards her father.

Hesitantly, the rat shut the door. Negaduck's eyes fell back to his daughter's face, which was buried in him.

"I'm only back for the night, Gosalyn." She pulled him tighter. "I wanted to check on those so-called heroes. Make sure they were treating yo- my city decently."

His suit starting to get wet. She didn't like to cry in front of him but she couldn't help it. He was still her father. He protected her from those, that in her eyes, were worse than him.

"Lyn, you've got no reason to cry," she shuttered and tried to stop. His eye twitched and under his breath he added, "Don't worry. You're in safe hands, princess."

This was something he had said a hundred times but usually he meant his own. Now he had to trust her to these wack jobs. She took a ragged breath. He knew she had stopped crying. She'd probably fallen asleep. He reached for the book she had put away. He flipped through what looked to be her journal and her last entry was from tonight.

The Friendly Four are nice. They took me to the park today. I know why and know they wish I would stop talking to/about Launchpad but he's family and all I have left of Dad. They don't understand and ask too many questions about before...

Dad never asked questions but he never had too. I hope he's okay, wherever he is. Goodnight!

He snapped the book shut and put it back. It was true he never made her talk about her past but these imbeciles probably had the right idea. She didn't need to keep it locked up. Look at what bottling shit up had gotten him. He was also glad that LP still looked after her, despite the heroes' hold on her.

His yawn snapped him back to the present. He needed sleep and waking up here in the morning would lead to problems for everyone. He picked the girl up and moved her. He made his way to the window.

"Happy Father's Day, Dad," the girl mumbled. He couldn't stop a small smile from grazing his lips.

On the roof he was halted by Megavolt clearing his throat. He didn't turn back towards him, just waited for the other to speak.

"What the hell were you doing here?" the rat demand.

"None of your damn business." He clenched his fists.

"My home, my business."

"My city," he challenged.

"Not anymore."

He looked over his shoulder towards the hero. Of all the heroes, Megavolt was one that he hated the least. They had the most history and the most understanding.

"It's been a while." He didn't like explaining himself to the hero wanna be and he wasn't getting more than that. He turned to leave.

"That's it? You're just gonna leave without a fight?" Megavolt was in shock. Usually, he always wanted to fight, especially when it came to Gosalyn.

"If you don't push the matter," he growled and stomped to the edge of the building and paused. "You're good for her. That better not change."

He yanked off the stupid medallion and the building turned from relatively nice looking building to a crumbling pile of rocks. He made his way back home and for the first time since the portal to the Negaverse was destroyed, he slept halfway decently. He refused to accept that it was probably because he knew his princess was safe.

Word Count: 1335