Funtimes at Funzos! (Webby)

2017 Ducktales
Webby Centric
Slight Webby & Scrooge

Based on an episode in Batman Beyond

Context: Pre-finale!

...

Roxanne: Crime wave in Duckburg! From purse snatchers to locked houses. People all over Duckburg have had their possessions stolen. No one is safe.

The TV bleared.

"Webby, can you arm the secondary alarm? With all these burglaries, we need to be on high alert."

"Okay, Granny!" Webby ran downstairs and turned on the advance alarm system.

"Come on, guys!" Dewey bounced, pulling his brothers out the door.

"Where are you going?" Webby asked as the blue blurred dashed across the main entrance to the house.

"There's an amazing new game at Funzo!" Dewey blurted.

"Yeah, he wouldn't stop talking about all night," Louie yawned.

"Apparently it's some sort of mind-altering virtual reality," Huey rubbed his face, "That's so cool we couldn't wait until after breakfast."

"There's no time to eat! Only time to play!" Dewey bounced already at the door.

"Can I come?" Webby asked.

"Sure, but you've got to come now."

They made their way to Funzo and Webby had never seen Dewey so hyper, and that was saying something. He kicked open the door and ran to the back right and dashed behind a curtain.

"Dewey!" Huey called, but his brother didn't stop.

They looked at each other. It looked like the kind of place that was only meant for the staff but they decided silently to follow Dewey. Huey pulled the curtain back and followed a small hallway that opened into a room that had four glowing bubbles.

"Yes! No lines!" Dewey walked up to a guy wearing a Funzo vest.

He handed him a wad of cash. The guy handed him a VR head seat and ran into the first bubble. Dewey started floating. He cheered and whooped and spun flips in the bubble.

Webby watched as Huey and Louie paid the guy as well. They seemed just as happy with whatever they were seeing. Finally, she got up the nerve to do it herself. As she entered, she felt herself go weightless.

She blinked and suddenly she was with Lena, Violet, and Uncle Scrooge and the thought of the triplets were long gone.

The four of them were in a room that Webby somehow knew was their room, as in all three of the girls. A large wardrobe was standing off to the side that seemed to shake every so often.

"Now you three behave and I'll take you out later. I've got a meeting. I'll be back in a little in a bit." Scrooge patted her head. He headed towards the door. "Oi! Don't mess with the cupboard."

As soon as the door shut, Lena turned towards them.

"So we're definitely opening the wardrobe to see what's in it right?" Lena walked towards it.

"I bet it has a Leprechaun!" Webby jumped.

"I don't think that would be wise," Violet informed them.

"But it would be fun," Lena smirked. "What do you think, Webby?"

"Do it!" Webby smiled.

It was a bad idea. Lena opened the door and dodged to the side as a mob of rabid fairies flew out. Webby swatted the small creatures.