𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐩𝐚

Lovely

2:33pm
2 months later
3 months pregnant

"I think you should go." Jayla told me as we sat in my living room packaging orders.

Shoota's momma invited me over for dinner she wanted to talk to me about the baby and shit. I don't know how to feel though I've been doing so well on my own.

"Why?"

"This could be an opportunity. A chance to have the father of your baby in the child's life. That's not something you just give up." She peeled the barcode off the template and placed it on the package before tossing it in the bin.

"What if it doesn't work out and I just start looking dumb at the end of the day."

"Worst come to worst he don't support the child. Nothing new. You're an strong independent woman and you can do it on your own. It'll just be sad to see a child grow up without two parents."

Jayla can relate to this situation just like I can. She been through some shit. But that's not for me to speak on. Out of respect for her.

"Okay I'll go. For you."

"No Lovely. Go for you! Go because you want him to step up."

I nodded and finished packaging up the rest of my orders to ship out.

———

"What should I wear?" I asked her as I stood in my mirror.

"Chile all dem clothes in that closet and you don't know what to wear?"

"Those are just clothes. Not outfits." She smacked her teeth.

"Same damn thing."

We searched my closet for an something to wear.

"Oh this looks cute." She said pulling out a white fleece two peice wit a jean jacket.

"Okayy this is cuteeeee" I took it from her and went to shower and put it on.

———

I sat on the couch in my living room waiting for kendrick's momma to text me to slide.

"Girl you look so pretty! Flick for the gram, flick for the gram!"

"Girl ion even be on there anymore!"

"Come on! Fetch you a new nigga!" She said snatching my phone and taking pictures.

———