𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

Shoota

1:34pm
The Next Day

"Why the fuck ain't she answering her phone?"

"Who?" Kiro asked.

"Lovely. I been blowin her shit up all day and ain't get nothin."

"She prolly busy don't stress it g." He patted my back and walked out the room.

———

Jayla

3:15pm

I pulled up to Lovely's house and opened her front door with my spare key.

"Lovely." I called out. Silence. "The fuck?" I put my bag down on the couch and walked up the stairs. "Lovely." I called out looking in her room.

I walked in the bathroom and stopped in my tracks. Her body laid on the floor.

"Shit." I said running up her. I lifted her up and pulled her towards me. She had a black eye and blood leaked from her head.

I tried not to cry as I went through my phone to find Shoota's number. "You gon be alright girl." I said as the phone rang.

shoota
connecting...

yo.

shoota you need to get over here now.

why, where you at?

lovely is fucked up bro and she's not responding when I try to wake her up.

Before I could say anything else he hung up. Looking down at her I started to cry. I'm close asf to Lovely so for me to find her like this broke me on a different level.

"What the fuck happened to her?" He asked walking in the bathroom.

"I don't know. I found her like this."

"Bro I swear to you this better not be wtf I think it is bro." He said. "We gotta get her tuh the hospital go start the car."

———

4:40 pm

Shoota

"She has a minor concussion, her ribs aren't broken, and her eye should heal properly in no time." The doctor said.

"Thank you." Jayla told the doctor before he left.
"Shoota." She said looking towards me.

"What?"

"You good?"

I looked over at Lovely laying in the bed sleep.

"Look at her fuckin eye bro. Look at it. And you gon ask me if I'm alright?"

We sat in silence for a while. "Kilo did this shit."

"You can't just jump to conclusions, Shoota."

"He's the only nigga that could've did it Jayla. Wake tf up. Who else could've been in the house when this shit happened? She ain't beat herself tf up now did she?"