𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐚

Lovely

4:32pm

"go get alisa out my old room and i'll get her bags."

i walked to shoota's old room and pushed the door open. alisa was sitting there looking out the window. she saw me and ran to hug me.

"lovely. is shoota wit you?"

"yea he's getting your bag why are you in here?"

"i come in here when i miss my brother."

i felt bad. shoota been paying attention me and alegend so much that he drifted away from alisa.

"um. okay are you okay?" i asked her.

"yea." i walked up the stairs and could hear shoota yellin.

"wake up!" he yelled kickin his mom bed. i watched him walk across the highway to his sister room and kick her bed, waking her up too.

"getcho ass up too les go."

"boy get out."

"get the fuck up kayla!" she got up and walked into her moms room and sat on the edge of the bed lookin at me.

"why tf this bitch ova here didn't i ask u tuh stop bringin her?" she said.

i laughed. cuz if this luh ass gurl think she's hurtin me than she's funny asl.

"you stfu cuz i didn't even ask yo ass tuh speak yet.

"why you comin in here start shit kendrick?" his mom said sitting up in bed.

"nah ya startin shit. why is alisa callin me at 4am cryin cuz ya keep fuckin wit her?"

"we ain't even do nothin to her."

"you didn't?" he asked walking over to us he took her hand and showed them her arms and legs.

covered in fuckin bruises.

"look at her. LOOK AT HER BRO! she's covered in bruises and ya gon tell me ya ain't do shit?"

"she don't listen so i pop her ass."

"pop. pop is different than beat. you don't stop hittin ur child till she start to bruise? you need ya ass put in jail. you drink to much for you to he puttin ya hands on people. and kayla you ain't no fuxkin better you think you can yell at her and you can't. you can't fix your fuckin mouth to say shit about her and what she doin when you fucked up ya damn self. are you passin your classes? is your grades lookin the way they should is your side of the room clean? ion think it is but you wanna fix your mouth to say sum to her?"

"she-"

"nah stfu! ion wanna hear shit from you or you. i tried wit ya every fuckin chance i give out ya fuck it up. so yk what i'm taking alisa. she's stayin wit me. and if you gotta problem you can take me to court then cuz lemme tell you this i have enough evidence to put up ass away and kayla yo ass gon go wit yo daddy. now i'm gettin her shit and we leavin follow me if you want to watch wtf happen."

he walked out the room and we followed him. he packed up her closet and her dresser in bags. before taking them to the car.

"you have everything baby?" i asked alisa. she nodded, holding her phone and charger.

"if she don't we can easily jus buy her it." he slammed the trunk and told us to her in.

we sat there for a lil bit long enough to make alisa fall asleep in the backseat.

i touched his face and he looked at me. "i'm coo ma." he said before pullin off.

"i gotta get her a toothbrush and shit." he said passing the house.

"i gotta question."

"yea."

"why do you protect her so much. ik you told me why before but i feel like there's something you're not telling me." he breathed heavy.

"alisa's different. she's not like other kids lovely. not kids her age at least." he cleared his throat as he stopped at a red light.

he looked over at me. "alisa is 13 but has a mind of an 8 yr old. and my momma don't care to gaf about her so she jus labels her as crazy and tells her she don't listen."

i didn't even notice. alisa speaks so good and takes care of herself so much for me to even peep it.

"but she-"

"i know. i taught her. i helped her with everything she needed. i tried to reach her as much as possible as much as i can cuz i knew my momma wasn't gon do it. and i refused to let her be labeled like that. she's not fuckin crazy."

we pulled into a supermarket parking lot and he parked the car.

"stay here for me ma." he said taking his seatbelt off. he leaned in to kiss me before getting out the car and walkin in the store.

———

5am

"you sure she's okay?" Jayla asked as we watched Alisa sleep in the guest room. i nodded and closed the door.

shoota's upstairs showering. i went to his room and Jayla went to hers.

when i walked in the room he was holding alegend and rockin back and forth."feelin better?" i asked him.

he nodded. "every day he look more n more like you n i'm not even mad at it."

"we should get sum sleep." i told him. he nodded and got up to put alegend in his crib.

he pulled the sheets back and laid on my chest.

"imma make it up to you ma. trust me."

"don't worry bout it boo."