Chapter 4 - I've made you sad, haven't I?

PIHA'S POV:

ACCEPTANCE LETTER.

Apart from crying and thinking about Roman, I did apply for a few hospitals. I've graduated from AIIMS so it wasn't pretty surprising to be accepted by the top hospitals all over Maharashtra (a state in India).

But FORTIS was totally unexpected. It's an international hospital, which opened its branch in Pune five years ago.

Wait.

I'm probably forgetting something. Yup-

I NEED TO ASK MY FAMILY FIRST.

I stroll through my house and stop as I find them in the balcony having tea or whatever it is.

"Guys. I need to show you and ask you something too." I say and clear my throat for some attention.

They ask me to continue and I pass the acceptance letter to Di, anticipating their reaction.

I know they're going to be proud of me. She takes a good minute to read it and mom tries to take a sneak peek while dad has millions of questions written over his face.

I bite back a chuckle as I see Di's hands trembling. I fake huff at her dramatic behaviour.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Di yells scaring all the birds around her. "Mom Dad, she got accepted in Fortis!"

Papa and mummy look at me with their eyes widened as big as a saucer. Di blinks her eyes dramatically.

"Congratulations." She says still not recovering from the shock.

Five minutes later, they compose themselves and look at me with questionable eyes.

"I want to work, I know I've wasted a lot of time but now, I want to do what I love to do. Can I do it? Are you'll happy with it?" At that time I found my feet quite interesting.

Papa pats my hair, saying, "We're proud of you Beta. You've always made us. We're so happy for you." And the smile doesn't leave my lips.

They've always supported me in my decisions and it makes me happy seeing their twinkling eyes indicating their happiness.

I feel so lucky knowing that whatever I ever do now or in future, they'll always be with me, proudly.

"He would be proud, right?" I say as my eyes well up.

"Yes, very."

_________________

I close my Macbook and sigh. My eyes pain, why wouldn't. A quick update you guys I've filled the employee form and it took me freaking four hours, I'm bad with technology not gonna lie.

It feels like a dream come true. 5 and a half years, everything was worth it.

I did call Rahul Bhaiya yesterday and inform him about my new job or you say my first job. Aunty Uncle were happier than me. Rahul couldn't stop talking about how proud Roman would be. A lone tear escapes my eye.

ROMAN.

I walk to my balcony and sit on the chair kept near the corner.

I look at the moon and stars and say-

"Roman it's been six months. I'm sorry I broke my promise, I cry every day, I think about you every day. I thought it wouldn't take more than two months to forget you, why does it have to be so difficult. Where are you? Why wouldn't you come back?"

"I miss every single thing about you, the way you smell, your deep voice, your dark brown orbs, your hugs, pepper kisses. I feel broken."

"Anyway, I don't want you to feel bad. I'll be working in Fortis from next month, it was always your dream to watch me in the white coat with the stethoscope. I've already wasted six months if you were here I know you wouldn't be happy. I'll give it my all and become a doctor as successful as you one day."

A smile makes its way to my lips.

And I begin to tell him my 'plan'.

"I've made you sad, haven't I? But today, I promise you that I will think about you only five days a week, then I'll decrease a day every month, and Ta-da by the end of July I'll forget you. Roman you don't deserve to be sad, I won't break my promise now, I won't cry at nights okay? That's all I can do for you. I hope you're taking good care of yourself. I miss-"

I sob escapes my mouth.

You can't cry in front of him Piha.

I fell someone pat my stroke my hair. Di. I engulf her in a hug.

"It's gonna be okay, Piha."

I hope it does. I can't live with this pain forever. They say everything happens for the good, but Roman I lost myself the day I lost you.

There's no good.

I'm not a nice person, maybe that's why this was my fate. I feel guilty about coming into your life and ruining it.

I can't forgive myself, Roman.

~√~√

Picture note*

Balcony:

Authors note*

Authors note*

Hey, hope you're doing well!
Do vote and leave a review if possible.
The next update will be out on 16th, Sunday.
Take care!