Chapter 13 - So don't stare at her

RAGHVANSH'S POV:
[A FEW HOURS LATER]

I soak in my bath tub and continue watching the rain outside sipping my red wine. I sigh. The last week wasn't great for me nor is this one.

My eyes keep begging for a sight of her and my ears for her angelic voice. A smile makes its way to my lips as her image flashes in my mind.

YOU CAN'T FALL FOR HER.

My smile shortens, I'm trying hard. I stare outside surprised as usually I m find rains unbearable but it doesn't look that bad today. I chuckle thinking how a mere thought of her lights my day up.

Talking about today.

The moment I laid my eyes on her, my anger subsided. It didn't take a minute to understand she was my new orthopaedic physician. I didn't want to torture myself - knowing a month was enough for me to fall for her. I did go to reception to ask them if any other physician was available only to be handed a form which I did start filling but my hand stopped moving on it's accord.

I came back to the ward to just give her a lame reason. My heart cried to see her eyes well up, I'm sure it was because I walked off and that was quite disrespectful to a doctor. I plead guilty. I just wanted to hug her and sooth her that moment.

I feel my insides burning as the image of her with that Dhruv guy flashes infront of me.

HOW DARE HE FORCE MY PIHA FOR COFFEE.

My Piha? Yeah, I mean....whatever. Coming back, I was about to punch that fucking guy in his face but it would've been intimidating to Piha.

PIHA

Her name as angelic as her. I put on my bathrobe and make my way to my closet. I dress up and sit on my bed knowing exactly what to do.

I pick up my iPhone from the end table and open Whatsapp. I tap on the 'Squad Ghouls' group only to see '2387 unread messages'.

No wonder. They probably think I'm dead. It's been a week since I haven't opened whatsapp or any social media. I click on the Video call option ignoring the date or time. WHAT DAY IS IT? I don't even remember the goddamn date.

Only if you would've put as much attention you put in observing Piha. I organs groan.

"Oyee where?" I hear a familiar voice. "Ithe!" (Here!)

Oh. I divert my attention to the video call.

"Thank God you called, was just planning for your funeral." I flash him a sarcastic smile.

"Where are you all?" I ask the 3 of them as Kaushal declines my call.

"Home."

"Bedroom."

"My uncles place." They reply.

I sigh in annoyance. "I mean Pune ki Mumbai." (I mean Pune or Mumbai)

"Mumbai." Comes Raunaks' instant reply.

I throw the other two a questionable look. "Pune." They say.

"I want you two at my place, now." I say and hang up.

Let me just give you a short discription of my gang. I might say that I hate them but if I trust anyone on this planet then it's going to be them.

Aryan Kumar (31 y/o). I met him 16 years ago when we were in high school. He's always been the person closest to me since my teenage years. We were part of an environmental rally event in the same group, it didn't us a long while to become close buddies due our love for sports. He debuted in the Indian cricket team nine years ago as a pace bowler and is the vice captain now.