Chapter 19 - Purple suits you well

PIHA'S POV:

I have never felt this anxious and excited at the same time.

Then why am I now?

Because I have an online session with Raghvansh sir. Like freaking RAGHVANSH BIRLA. Okay, enough of your overacting Piha.

Of course, I'm not all tensed up because he is Raghvansh Birla. It might be because of the weird and comfortable vibe I get around him.

Well, let me just mention what happened yesterday. Like I thought I was hallucinating but to my surprise, I wasn't.

Out of nowhere, I see a man enter our backyard, Strange. Then it hits me that he was UTKARSH BIRLA. Yup, the guy we were gossiping about. And then he confesses his feelings for Di (after I went of course). The Birla guy did seem weird but not shady as such.

Then when I excuse myself and plan to take a small stroll on the street, who do I see? Raghvansh sir . And to my surprise, he happens to be the Birla guy's friend.

I check my wall clock.

10:30 AM

Shit. I should've logged in before. I re-open my Zoom tab and quickly join the link given by the hospital.

A rakishly handsome face appears on my MacBook screen which belongs to Raghvansh sir, obviously. Now that we aren't having face-to-face sessions, at least I'll be saved from the effect of his rugged voice-

"Good morning to you Dr Piha."

My senses go numb at that deep voice. He won't even leave through virtual sessions, will he?

"Good morning to you too sir." I say, successfully not shuttering.

_____________________

An hour later we're done with our session.

"Do not put a lot of pressure on your knee, you're still recovering from the injury, it might result in ACL tear." He nods.

"So I guess that's it for now, I'll see you next week."

"Thank you, Dr Deshmukh." I flash him a professional smile.

"Have been taking the tablets, Sir?"

"Yes, I do feel better," He halts. "Piha?"

I hum curiously.

"Purple suits you well." My eyes widen into the size of a saucer. Does he mean you look beautiful, Piha?

Of course not.

He's just complimenting me out of formality. I feel the heat creep up my neck.

"Tha-Thank you, sir," You had to shutter?! "I'll see you later."

I hastily mumble 'bye' and log out. THAT WAS VERY RUDE OF ME. I chuck down a sip of water hoping it washes away my guilt. I do feel bad, very bad. I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in."

Oh, It's Di.

"Are you done with your meeting? Come already."

"Yeah coming." I shut down my laptop and head towards the living room only to see another Raghvansh Birla Interview on the TV screen. NOT AGAIN.

My parents don't certainly know that I'm associated with Raghvansh Sir, professionally only. I know they're going to start fangirling once I tell them, so it's better I don't. Di did tell them about what happened yesterday and they weren't happy about it saying 'don't take that guy seriously, he's just playing with you' or 'you know how scary he is right?'.