Chapter 25 - 31??

PIHA'S POV:

I let out a harsh breath as the website crashes for the millionth time this day. It's been about 35 minutes since I'm refreshing this page - waiting for my Neet PG results.

Yes, as I mentioned, the results were going to come out at around 4 but as expected, the website crashed and it isn't getting any better now.

"It'll come Piha, don't worry." I say to myself, forcing a smile on face and hear dad giggle.

He raises his hands surrendering as I glare at him.

"Dad, why don't you do it, you're a computer engineer, right? You know much more about computer and internet than me." I say.

"Why don't you ask your Di to do it?" He says finger quotes in air.

"Di." I yell. She barges in the living room.

"This Piha, what do you want?!" She yells back.

"Why isn't the result visible?" I ask her as she sits beside me pulling out a chair.

"What are you staring at?! Why are the results not out yet?" I question her as I continue to panic.

"How would I know that? I've done business administration not CS. Ask your father." She finger quotes in air, mocking dad.

"Pihu beta, ignore them. We'll do it." Mom says and I smile at the only sensible person in the house.

Both my parents are software engineers, mom works as the data analyst head at Swiss Ltd India, yes, the same company Di works at, and dad is the Vise President at IT park industries.

Anyway.

Getting back.

"Piha, it's done, check the results out." Mom sternly says and feel the butterflies erupt in my stomach.

The same feeling when the 18-year-old me was checking my Neet UG results.

I feel my heartbeat at the back of my head and goosebumps all over my arms. Ignoring the tingling sensation at my joints, I press 'enter' amd hide myself in mom's arms.

You've done everything in your will, Piha. The results don't matter, you've done your best and it's all that matters.

I hear dad gasp. What's wrong, did I not crack the exam?

I lift my gaze and try to find my name on the list and my finger halts as I spot, Piha deshmukh.

Please god, I'll start making friends if I rank below 100.

I take a deep breath and read the results aloud.

"Piha Deshmukh, category- unreserved, marks scored out of one thousand two hundred- Nine hundred and ninety six." My breath hitches but I continue to read the most awaited part.

"All India rank- thirty one."

My eyes widen on it's accord, big enough to fall out of the eye sockets.

Di holds me by my shoulder and shakes me as I continue to remain dazzled.

31?? NONSENSE.

"Pihu, I've never felt this proud in my entire life." Mom and Dad engulf me into a side hug.

Not possible.

"Mom, Dad wait. Let me check it once again, I'm sure this is not mine." I explain.

I read it once again, "It's not changing." I say and start screaming.

"Di, do you see it?! It isn't changing." I pounce upon her and wrap my legs almost around her knees.

AND we continue our little celebration for rest of the evening.