Chapter 29 - Friends?

RAGHVANSH'S POV:

I turn around only to look at a grinning Piha which causes my world to light up.

Gulping, I control my urge to sprint to her side at the speed of light and push her against the tree, kissing her madly.

"Piha." I cover the distance between. Stop making it sound like you're kissing her, Raghvansh.

I wish.

"I thought you weren't going to come." She says and her eyes twinkle. How can someone be this pretty?!

Dammit. The stars might be jealous.

"Why wouldn't I come, Piha?" I say and gesture her to take a seat under the tree.

"You didn't reply to my text, so I guessed you were busy or you didn't want to come," She says and pulls her knees to her chest.

I don't like the sadness wrapped up in her beautiful voice.

It feels like a rose with thorns.

"My phone was dead, I'm sorry I couldn't check it. And anyway why would I miss a chance to meet you, Piha?" I stare into her sweet and luminous brown orbs.

"Why would you want to meet me?" She says as her eyes take a dive into the statue still lake.

I reply honestly- "Because I fell at peace, Piha. It's not this lake, it's not this tree, it's not this silence— it's you."

"Really?" I nod and scan her. Does she have to kill me like this?

Yup, she's wearing purple. Again.

"Do you love wearing purple, Piha?" I say and she takes her outfit into notice.

She taps her temple gently and says- "No, not really. But I end up wearing it quite often. My wardrobe's filled with purple."

She continues- "Sir, can I ask you something? If you don't mind..."

"You don't need to be formal with me, Piha. Go ahead."

Nodding, she says- "Your mansion's name is purple, be it your arm bands or headbands— everything is purple. Why do you love purple so much?"

I haven't shared this with anyone before, not that anyone has asked me. But I want her to know, I want to share it with her.

I take a deep breath- "Piha, you've read my reports, right? Did find something surprising or shocking? Something serious— like cancer."

She widens her eyes and nods- "That you bet pancreatic cancer seventeen years ago." I hear her gasp. "Is it because of that? How could I be this slow at connecting dots."

I pass her smile. "It's fine, Piha. It wasn't that obvious. And yes, it's because I was a former pancreatic cancer patient and Pancreatic Cancer is represented by a purple ribbon so I like to have things around me painted in purple."

Our eyes lock as she looks at me.

I can't look away now. The magnetic field seems to be pulling me towards her, not physically— but emotionally.