Chapter 30 - Always free for you

PIHA'S POV:

"Dr Piha?" I hum in response. "You've met Raghvansh Birla, right? Did he speak to you? Is he rude and arrogant, did he yell at you? He's agressive, isn't he? Did he taunt you or something?"

Jessica bombards her questions upon me. Jessica Roy, an intern attendant in OB/GYN at our hospital.

"Oh, yes. Tell us no, please!" I widen my eyes at Sanjana.

"Sanjana ma'am! I understand, Jessica's young but even you're behaving like a teenager now." I narrow my eyes at her accusingly.

Sanjana Nair or Sanjana ma'am as we call her- is the head nurse of Fortis though she's just 28. The three of us have pretty much bonded in the past few weeks given that our wards and offices are in the same lobby.

"Oh come on, Dr Piha. We wouldn't leave this opportunity, not a chance. Tell us, how's he as a person? Do you both discuss things irrelevant to work?" She pokes my arm.

Rude?

Really? How could people or the media think of him that way? He's anything but rude.

There's no way I'm going to talk about him behind his back. Will it be rude if I say no, they'll understand me right?

I place the report in my hand on the reception around which we are having a chat and reply hesitantly but honestly- "I would have told you both, you know that right? But I think it's not appropriate to gossip about someone, especially our clients or patients."

They nod in unison- "You make sense, Piha. It's not good to talk behind someone's back. But you don't feel uncomfortable around him, right? It's the first time your having appointments and conversations with a patient be it about their medical conditions."

"I know you've worked in Labour room and assisted in OB/GYN like Jessica but never been in offices or studying cases so if you're uncomfortable with any task or any person- just let me know, I'll inform Dr Mehta, Okay?" She says as I spot concern in her eyes.

"Yes Sanjana Ma'am, I'll let you know. Don't worry about me, Thike? (Okay?)" I assure smiling and we share a warm laugh.

"Both of you- Jessica and Piha. You'll be getting back to college and starting with postgrad soon, so take care of yourselves. Hmm?"

I nod as we continue sipping out Tea.

It's late evening now and within a few minutes- I might leave for home as my shift for today is over.

And also...

The results of PGIMER are going to be out today.

The thought causes me to shut my eyes and pray to God that I make it. PGIMER is something I had been preparing for since third year. I just knew that if I wanted to do my PG in Master of Surgery, it would be at PGI Chandigarh.

I sense butterflies erupt in my Stomach as phone beeps. Yep, it's my alarm going off.

"I'll see you both later, okay? I gotta home and check the results now," I say nervously.

"All the best!" They pat my shoulder and I leave.

_________________

I insert my UserLoginID and Password in jiffy and scratch my temple.