Chapter 36 - Pihu

PIHA'S POV:
[A FEW HOURS LATER]

Smuggling closer into Dad's arm, I let out a harsh breath and continue to scold myself.

Idiot Piha. Can't do one thing right. All can do is make him angry, it would've been better if he was mad at me— but I didn't mean to make him angry. I'm so furious at myself for annoying him, for irritating him.

I should just stay miles away from him— I'm not the same as he is. We're from two different worlds.

Do not say that, Piha, please... Imagine being strangers with him. Who'll you share your thoughts with, who'll be your friend, who would you talk to all day, who'll bring a grin on your face after all the pain you've suffered? Are ready to give up on that, those butterflies he gives you, that laughter of his, the way he allows himself to be vulnerable in front of you, will you let that all go?

I shake my head at my internals.

But we can't always have what we crave, right? If I make him unhappy, then shouldn't I leave him alone? If I talk to him just for my happiness, wouldn't I be selfish?

You remember what he said, Piha? 'It's good to be selfish till a limit. Doesn't everyone do everything for their happiness? Like, you want to make your family proud, so that they can be happy. Why do want to make them happy? Because their happiness makes you happy.

It's not wrong, Piha. All you want to do— is be happy.

Guilt begins to take over me as Dad rubs my back and says- "Pihu beta, tell me what's wrong? You've been this gloomy since you came home, is everything right at the hospital? Is something troubling you? We're worried about you, Pihu."

That's all I can do—either make people worried or angry.

Not to forget— I can also kill people.

I try to convince him- "No ya, Dad. It's nothing, I'm just a bit tired. Do not worry about me, I am totally fine."

Saying, I shoot him a fake smile, only for him to say- "You're my daughter, Piha. Do you think I can't figure out when you're tired and when you're upset? It's okay Piha, you're a big girl now. It's fine if you keep a few problems to yourself, but know that I'm here, okay?"

He bends forward and kisses my forehead and my lips curve up on their accord.

Dad loves you so much, Piha. Do not lie to him, please.

Should I tell him? He'll be worried, but he'll be more worried if I don't tell him. I'm sure he would respect my privacy and not question further.

My gaze drops and I begin hesitantly- "It's nothing, Dad. I fought with my friend and now I don't think they'll ever talk to me again. I feel so bad."

I say and bury my face in Dad's side again and he says- "Pihu, don't worry okay? They'll get around you soon. No one can be angry with my doll for long. If your friend cares for you, he or she won't let you be sad for a long time, okay? Don't take too much tension about it."

He rubs my back making me want to cry. Will he ever talk to me again...He probably hates me now. Couldn't God make me a little less annoying?

I lift my head as Di's voice falls onto my ear- "Pihu, it's a call for— what the hell? Have you been crying?"

Crying? No, of course, I'm not, but I guess I might soon.

"No ya Di, why would I cry? And which call? What call?"

She ruffles my hair and passes me her phone as I throw her a questionable look.

Is it Rahul Bhaiya? I miss him so much nowadays, I Miss our brother-sister bond, the way he was protective about me just like Roman was.