Chapter 49 - To be happy

RAGHVANSH'S POV :

I place my MacBook my lap as I take a deep breath.

Not helping.

You need to have patience, Raghvan. It is Piha you are talking to. She'll tell you everything—don't make her uncomfortable by asking her questions.

I silently agree. But what about her.

My eyes soften as I watch her lower her head and sob—the tears drip down her chin making me feel useless.

I don't know what she's worried about, I don't know what she's crying about, and that's what scares me. It's been 10 minutes and her tears aren't stopping. My heart breaks.

And with that, my patience finish, "Piha. Stop crying. If you don't—I'm going to take the first flight and come to Chandigarh."

Her eyes meet mine as she lifts her head gently and her semi-swollen are enough for me to be worried.

"Venus. What's going on? Are you hurt? Did someone do something? Did someone say something? Dammit." My mouth shuts on its accord.

So, I reach Delhi on 9th which is three days from now. Chandigarh is like four and half hours away from Delhi. Close enough.

But, we'll be in Delhi for a day only—after which we leave for Jaipur, Rajasthan. And the our day in New Delhi will be reserved for shoots because of which I cannot meet Piha which I should be doing right now because the last thing she looks is fine.

"I'm not worth it," she says sadly. "Don't waste your time on me, Raghvansh. Maybe you're annoyed at this—I say it every time but right now, I mean it. Please don't-"

"Stop it, Piha. We've spoken about this before," I say trying to keep my anger in check. She's crying, it's definitely not the right time for me to be angry on her.

She pulls a quilt over herself and visibly shivers. Cuddling with it, she curls into a fur ball.

I can't help but adore her even while she's doing literally nothing. Coming back, I hear her say, "I'm sorry, Ansh."

Her sweet voice warms up my heart and all my existing anger melt.

Knowing her, I tell her, "swich off the fan, Venus. You're feeling cold." She nods and extends her hand to switch off the fan only to sigh.

"Tell me."

The cocoa brown eyes stare into mine as she finally speaks, "he...he...Qaudir's brother, dashed into me before the orientation. Remember, I told you. He started being rude to me when we siting with Quadir."

I try to calm myself. At least she wasn't injured or something worse.

But, obviously, Piha being Piha—might have taken his words to heart about which I cannot blame her either. She's sensitive.

"Why would someone be rude to you, Venus. And Haider? Wasn't Quadir supposed to be there too? He wouldn't let you be by yourself like this." I sigh. "Venus, don't take their words to your heart. You know—it's their job to speak. He means nothing to you, and so should his opinion."

"Ansh," she starts to tear up. "Do you also think I manipulated Roman?"

My eyebrows crease together at her dumb question as I cannot figure what the fuck she is saying.

"Huh?"

Light sobs escape her mouth, "he said—I manipulated Roman into dating me."

Tears continue to run down her already stained cheeks as I panic, "Pi-Piha, listen to me. Venus. He did not mean it okay?"

I can't help but just stare at her as shock strikes me. Why would someone say something like that, it might have hurt her so much. She must have cried so much even before calling me.

I turn my gaze towards her as she wipes her tears away.

"I don't know, Ansh. Maybe he's right. Anyway, Roman was so perfect, why would he love someone like me?"

Fuck it. She actually believed everything that piece of trash said.

I struggle to get words out of mouth but speak anyway, "Pihu, do you even know what you're saying?"

"But, he can be right too-"

"Venus, you need to fucking stop. You need to stop believing every goddamn thing people say, or every criticism they throw on you. I don't know what to say, Piha, I really don't." Sighing, I rub my forehead. "You can never be that person, trust me. This is so goddamn dumb, why would you even think of this that way. You loved Roman so much, I see it. Everyone can. Don't question what you and Roman had, it won't be worth it. Would he like it?"

My eyes scan her deep brown orbs which become blurry due to her tears. She bites her lip slightly as if preventing a sob.

Sometimes, I wish—people just shut up and never talk to Piha, ever. But, at the end of the day, everyone says shit, and how long will I be here, with her. Someone else will be here. But everyone has to leave someday or the other.

She has to be strong and face whatever people say and not doubt herself in every step of life—if she wants to be happy.

"Roman won't be happy," she whispers.

~

Author's note*

This is one of those chapters which were really difficult for me to write. I haven't done justice to their feeling and conversations. But I did my best.

Hope you like it!

Do vote and take care.