Chapter 44 - Live together

PIHA'S POV:
[Two days later] 6th June

I run my fingers over the wooden bed covered with a red mattress as everything in this room reminds me of Roman.

My excited gaze falls on my man, my love, my Roman as he sighs deeply and his back hits the bed, "yay! You're finally in your room."

He laughs and runs his fingers through his hair, "what are you being excited for?"

I glare at him as he passes me a sly smile, "can I not even be happy now? You have finally returned to your room—and now you can talk to me, Roman"

"That does make sense, my heart. But I am so freaking tired, we had back-to-back sessions lined up. These college students are so annoying!" He complains, "I wish you were here, heart. We would cuddle and all my frustration would run away within a second."

I gape at him and my cheeks heat on their accord, "Roman!"

He chuckles and then looks at me sternly than ever, "don't worry. We will, once you come here—to PGI Chandigarh, for your PG, I'll make sure I'm posted here. We'll live together."

He has broken his promises, but I can't. I will make him proud, I will become the best surgeon in the world—so he can be happy.

"Are you my roommate?" I hear a voice and my eyes meet her black ones.

I put on an appealing smile as I turn to her. She looks like those model—with her tall height and hourglass figure. The straight leg jeans alongside the white crop top enhances her curves beautifully and before she thinks of me as an Idiot, I say, "y-yeah. I'm Piha Deshmukh. What's your name?"

She chuckles and I freeze in my spot. Is she going to be like my ex-college mates—embarrassing me and making fun of me?

"Why so formal ha? We're going to be roommates for the next 3 years, kinda excites me because we had single seater rooms in MAMC and now I finally have someone as my companion." She holds her hand out for a high-five—which I awkwardly return.

She continues, "so, firstly, I need to ask you—is it okay if I take the right side of the room as I've already placed my luggage and books there. If you want to take that side, I don't mind shifting it here. So if you have a problem just let me know."

Is it normal people of my age to be so selfless. I mean, she's so kind and friendly unlike my previous roommate who used mock me at every reason possible.

I quickly shake my head as I tell her, "no, no, that won't be a problem."

Flashing me a smile, she taps her forehead, "oh god, how could I forget to tell you my name. I'm Khushi Mehra Rai. You can call me Khush, Khushi, Ushi whatever you wish too—"

Even before she can complete, I break into fits of laughter, "do-do you kn-know what Ushi means—a pillow."

I wipe the tear from the corner of my eye and finally compose myself. Oh no, I must be sounding like a clown.

A chuckle escapes her mouth, "that was so lame, Piha!"

"Oh okay, I am sorry. Are you not from Maharashtra Khushi?" I ask given that she doesn't understand marathi.

Shaking her head, she says, "no ya, I'm from Rajasthan. Jaipur to be specific. Where are you from?"

My eyes go wide at her, "are you really from Jaipur?! It has always been on my travel list." I quickly tell her, "and yeah, I'm from Pune. Maharashtra."

She nods to that and says, "Pune is really beautiful! It must be nice to live there right? As in it topped the most livable places in India—"

Her statement is broken by the ringtone of her very own phone and she presses the lock option—making the sound disappear.