Chapter 48 - Being strong

PIHA'S POV:
[A few hours later] 9:00 PM

"Let's go Piha." I hear Khushi say and I silently follow her.

What am I doing?

Well, Khushi and I are in the dining hall right now—which looks nothing but a mess. Just student scattered here and there, and of course no one knows what to do either—because college can give you a long ass orientation but not a useful instruction.

My eyes wander around and I spot the guy I have been looking for.

Raghvansh?

No, of course not.

Of course I don't think about him all the time. Cut the drama, Piha. Okay, maybe I do—but not right now, because I'm so hungry and all I can think about is food.

"Khushi, that's him," I whisper to the grey-eyed girl.

She turns to her left side and narrows her eyes at him as the guy hasn't noticed us as yet, "do you think he's safe, Piha?"

I nod. He has to be—because Ansh told me he is and Raghvansh can never be wrong. Also, Ansh knows Quadir, which I think is normal given that he is Rizwan's brother. But, obviously, I did tell him to not let Quadir or anyone in general know about it—about me knowing Raghvansh Birla.

Why?

Because, I don't want people to get behind me or be friends with me just because I'm friends with him. I know it doesn't sound sensible but I've been through it before—during MBBS days, when my classmates or seniors used to hangout with me because I knew Dr Roman Kapoor or more like because I was his girlfriend.

Anyway.

I feel Khushi shake me by the shoulder and I get involuntarily get out of thoughts, "Piha, we should go he's probably waiting."

I nod as me walk towards the table he is seated beside and I watch him spot me. He grins at waves at me which I return—not with the same enthusiasm though. What's with Quadir being so excited all the time, Piha?

I don't know. Maybe he's the jolly and extrovert kind of person.

Unlike Raghvansh—who's rude all the time. Not to me obviously! Okay, I should stop flexing about him- Piha, how can possibly make everything about him?! Stop thinking about him 24/7.

Oops.

Yeah, maybe I should just shut up—have dinner—and go to sleep once I return to my room.

Both of us reach the table and I take a seat opposite of him and Khushi sits beside me.

"Hi," I throw a smile in the singer guy's direction

Quadir now smiles back as he says, "hi Piha. You came at the right time, I just entered about 30 seconds ago. Given that they hadn't informed us about the dinner timings I was a little confused—but I guess we're on time. Also, is this your roommate?"

I lean back against the chain as I introduce her, "yes! This is Khushi, Khushi Mehra Rai. And Khushi—this is Quadir Bhatt."

She chuckles as she says, "nice to meet you, Quadir. No offence, but you look like a kid."

A laugh escapes my lips which I cover up immediately. That was mean but, yeah, she was joking anyway. He doesn't look like kid!