Chapter 38 - Your boyfriend?

PIHA'S POV:
[5 Days later] 14th April

"Dr Piha ya, what is that you're so excited for. You've been zoning out every thirty seconds. You are in a hurry to go somewhere, tell me— only me. At least I'll be able to tease you, like a tad bit. Are going to meet your boyfriend?"

Widening my eyes, I hit her shoulder lightly- "I do not have a boyfriend, Jess. What are you talking about? I'm just...you know...kind of meeting one of my friends after like— twenty days."

She attaches her hand to my ear and coming close, whispers- "Do you mean—your crush?"

What the hell??

Crush? No! Why would she say that?

Shaking my head vigorously, I keep the glass of Rosè Champaign aside- "Jess, do not call him that! If he hears something like that— he might get offended."

"Who's this idiot guy and why would he be offended? You're beautiful and kind, if he's offended—then he doesn't deserve you, Piha. Be careful when it comes to guys, okay? It is kinda late now...maybe you can meet him tomorrow? If you really trust him—then you can, just be careful okay and send me your live location, hmm?"

We share a smile as I say - "Yes, I will be careful and also send you my location. Don't worry about me, you should go and enjoy. I'll get going now."

"Get going where?" I hear a voice interrupt our conversation.

"You're going somewhere, Dr Piha?" Mayank says as he hands me some drink.

Denying it, I say- "Nothing special ya, Mayank."

Mayank Nair, Sanjana's twin brother. He's been the one entertaining me and Jessica since the party started.

Jessica winks at me playfully as she says- "Yes, nothing special, Mayank. Piha's boyfriend is coming to pick her up."

Glaring at her, I repeat- "He's not my boyfriend!"

He mutters under his breath, loud enough for me to hear- "No wonder you're dating."

He looks at me as he says- "Anyway, you want me to escort you?"

"No!" I almost yell and both of them pass me a suspicious look.

Scratching the back of my neck awkwardly, I state- "I mean, I'll go myself. Do not trouble yourselves for such a trivial reason. Haha, don't mind me."

My phone beeps and without taking a second I unlock it.

Ansh : Pihu, I'm here.

Grinning like an Idiot, I reply-

You : Just a sec, Ansh. I'll bid them a bye and come. I'm about to leave.

He replies in a jiffy-

Ansh : Sure, Pihu but make it quick, I can't wait to meet you, dammit.

I let out a soft giggle and feel a water droplet fall on my shoulder. It's raining???

Yay, Piha! Of course you love rains and now there's going to be Raghvansh too. Perfect, isn't it?

It sounds too good to be true but anyway, I should hurry up now. Finally I'll get to see him after so long. Why can't I acquire Flash's speed already?

Which reminds me, why am I even here right now? I look up only to find Jessica and Mayank pass me questionable looks.

Shrugging it off, I say- "Okay guys, I'll go now. Thanks for being with me through our the party. Take care both of you, and Mayank, wish Sanjana from my side once again. I'll see you two later."