39. Fixing It

"Bro, what the hell happened between you two?" The guy asked, dragging his feet behind the counter

Jimin sighed frustratedly and ran a hand through his hair.

He couldn't stop thinking about the way Jeongyeon stripped off in front of him. It was just a shirt but the feeling in his gut was too much. He couldn't help but find her extremely hot even when she gritted her teeth at him, going red in the face. It was insanely attractive.

She was insanely attractive.

He hated how it turned out: he was supposed to affect her with all the "going shirtless" thing, and after trying to chicken out so many times unsuccessfully, all he did was reverse the reaction. Even though he did see the blush rising to her cheeks, what she did to him was nowhere near that.

"I messed up."

"It's the dating life, bro." He chuckled as he walked to the aisles. "You might think you won because you got a girl now, but shit goes down right after that."

Jimin rubbed his face with his hands.

Where did they stand now? He was going nowhere with this. All he wanted was to head home and sleep.

"Why aren't ya going for her though?"

"I just don't know what to do," he found himself saying. "She's pissed with me for all the right reasons, and my roommate said he won't let me in the house till I get her back," he sighed, slumping his head on the counter, crouching his entire body. "I'm so tired."

"Happens, dude," Kyungsoo said in a sympathetic voice. "Just go after her I guess. That always turns out best."

"What if she just needs some space?" Jimin said, the countertop muffling his voice.

"Space? Are you a first-timer?" He scoffed. "Seriously bro, girls never need space, especially in these situations. They act hard to get and see you if you're still into them or over them."

Jimin lifted his head to look at him. "Really?"

"Yeah. It's all a test." He added, "I'm talking from experience."

Jimin groaned before standing straight. "Honestly what's the difference between dating and studying..."

• • •

It's been half a week but Jeongyeon still couldn't get used to turning and not finding Jimin in the corridor. A lady went in instead.

Jeongyeon was drained, physically since she had extra work to do because of Jimin and emotionally because, well, Jimin.

She showered and dozed off till she woke up with the shrilling ringtone.

"Hello?"

"Oh, you're alive," Yeri answered, her voice glitching for a moment. "You weren't looking at my messages so I thought you died."