17. Sweet Epiphany

Jeongyeon lost interest in socializing at school

Jeongyeon lost interest in socializing at school. Wherever or to whomever she went, they only had one thing to discuss about: Taehyung. Her efforts of ignoring and avoiding him all drained in the sewer because of the constant gossip regarding Taehyung.

Just thankfully, no one knew that they were exes, or else she wouldn't get a chance to breath. No matter how much ever she had disliked him, she was grateful to Taehyung for not exposing their little secret.

• • •

Yeri didn't come to college today. It struck Jeongyeon harder since she was excited and all just yesterday, and now not a single word from her slightly worried Jeongyeon. She tried to call and check up on her but there was no balance on her phone, and no money in her pocket to recharge. Sighing, she carried on her daily routine.

What happened out of the routine was that a member from her morning P.E. staff called on her. Frowning in curiosity, she wondered what it could be for and briskly walked to the cabin and entered the room.

• • •

Jeongyeon exited the room tired and frustrated.

She dragged her feet to the empty ground in the premises when Chaeyoung popped up in front of her.

"Yo, what're you doing?"

"Questioning life choices, nothing much. How about you?"

"Dude, what happened?"

"Shit happened."

Chaeyoung frowned. "Hey, is everything okay?"

Jeongyeon sighed as she sat on a dusty bench. "I'm added to the sport team. Forcefully and for no specific reason. Apparently a little birdie here just ratted to the authorities that I know karate, and the authorities, assuming I'm fit, told me to join the club."

"Well, aren't you fit?"

"That's not the point here. First thing, someone's eavesdropping and informing. Second, a thing called choice exists. When I say I'm not interested means I shouldn't be forced. Third, I used to do karate." She stressed the words. "My skills are probably rusted by now."

"Eh, it's just that?" Chaeyoung said casually. "I thought maybe you were failing or something."

Jeongyeon crossed her arms over her chest and glanced at her friend.

"I think you're complaining about every single thing nowadays," she stated.

"What?"