14. Blue Moon

"What are you doing here?" She asked him back

"Buying groceries like normal people. What are you doing here?"

"Giving out groceries, like superior people. Why do you ask?"

He inhaled. "Stop beating around the bush and answer me straight. What are you doing here?"

"Are you blind? Can't you see what I'm doing here?"

"Why are you here?"

"I'm just doing my job. What's your problem?"

He sucked through his teeth, clearly annoyed. "Look, I'm not in the mood to argue with you. Answer me, where is the previous guy? Uh... Hongjoong."

"He left for hours ago. His shift changed."

"Then why are you here?"

She looked at him weirdly. "Because I'm here to take his shift?"

He closed his eyes and inhaled sharply. "Whatever the hell. Pack this stuff for me." He dropped the packs on the counter.

Jeongyeon folded her arms across her chest and narrowed her eyes at him. "I doubt that's the way you speak to Hongjoong."

He clenched his jaw. It looked like it was taking every fiber of his being to not burst out right then and there. Squeezing his eyes shut, he cleared his throat and then opened his eyes, looking straight into Jeongyeon's eyes. "Can you please pack this for me?" he feigned a sweet tone.

Jeongyeon nodded in satisfaction more than in confirmation and packed his bags for him. She noticed that it consisted of same things like she'd used: instant ramen packs, pasta packs, cold drinks and a packet of pens.

While she did her work, she heard him mutter under his breath. "Why the hell is she everywhere..."

She decided not to answer that one, as it would create a mess again. And what was he even saying? He was always the one who was everywhere around her.

She handed the packs to him. "That'll be 88,000 wons."

"Uh...," He hesitated, fished his pockets for the money and awkwardly looked at Jeongyeon. "I didn't bring the change today."

"Why did you even bother coming here if you didn't have any money?"

He ignored that. "I want you to add this in my account."

"We don't do that here."

Jimin was getting overly frustrated. "Yes, you do. Hongjoong does it for me. Where the hell is he?"

"I just told you. He's left for the shift. I'm in his place now."

Jimin rubbed his forehead with his hand in frustration.

"Listen. If you're not going to give me the money now, I'll have no choice but to call the manager," Jeongyeon smiled internally, enjoying how she was getting on his nerves. "Then you can talk to him."