21. Troublesome Preps

Waking up at three in the afternoon did not even surprise Jeongyeon. Nor it did for the next two days, for that matter. She was exalted to find that her sleep slots were being filled, although by wrong timings.

In two and a half days' span, she did absolutely nothing, and she loved every bit of it. She simply wore her PJ's, and roamed about the house, cooking noodles, popping corns and procrastinating, watching dramas.

Some the fourth day, however, she started to make use of her holidays: she learnt through YouTube how to make a few simple dishes with the sufficient ingredients she had, cleaned the house once again — not without recalling her amusing memories with the similar incident —, took up a serious skincare routine, decided she would take a quick course for learning a new language, French, perhaps — which ended up in an extra tab as she watched more dramas on an incognito tab.

All in all, her vacation was amazing, even without her stepping out of her house except for the store to do her job. She didn't even climb to the terrace; the balcony sufficed for her.

She was really grateful towards the head of the college for giving out free days like this, without homework. She recalled how the girls were gushing about how the family is literally perfect: Taehyung in looks and kindness and his father, the chairman, in generosity and consideration.

These two weeks were the perfect me-timer for her, a chance to find herself.

Quite literally.

When she looked into the mirror, she noticed her cheeks were filling, eyebags slowly but surely disappearing and she was gaining back blood on her pale skin.

She felt reinvigorated.

She felt like herself.

• • •

Ten days. Nine nights. Jeongyeon has had almost a fortnight in her hands for preparing herself, in every aspect, for the party hosted by Yeri. But only a procrastinator, irresponsible and demotivated girl like Jeongyeon could understand the regret for starting up exactly on the day the actual party was being held.

Sighing, she tried to dig out her most fancy dress, which, maybe, Seongyeon had packed for her while Jeongyeon was convincing herself that she was going to live by herself and without her family and it wouldn't be as bad as she was guessing.

Humming to a drama opening, she extracted — tried to extract — from her drawers clothes and dresses which were supposed to be suitable for the night.

Which she failed because all she had were cosy hoodies, shirts, jeans, trousers, some plain skirts, some more hoodies.

In frustration, she took out a beige crop top which had a butterfly made of glitters on the right shoulder and a pair of short corduroy skirt. Then she remembered something.