7. Bipolar Behaviour

Jeongyeon closed her apartment's door behind her and when her eyes lay on what stood in front of her, she had a sudden urge to turn back time and change her plans

Seemingly it was all good: It was Saturday, twenty-four hours since she shoved the stack of notes in Mr Ahn's hands and rushed upstairs. The weather was nice, so she didn't sweat like a pig when she walked home from uni, most aware of the absence of the stalker. He must've gotten over me by now, she thought. She received fairly good grades on her latest assignment, and she helped Mina out so that meant she wouldn't be bothering her until the next assignment was issued. And most important of all, she didn't bump into Jimin or the music man, so her day could certainly not be ruined. 

But, while walking out of the premises and talking to Yeri about her day, she didn't expect this to happen: Yeri invited herself to Jeongyeon's house along with Chaeyoung on Sunday, which was tomorrow. They both would come for the evening, enjoy Jeongyeon's neighbourhood and, depending on the mood, would decide later if they would stay at her house or leave at night. 

What panicked Jeongyeon was not how they invited themselves over without her permission — they were friends, of course, they would do it whenever they like — but was how the state of her living place. They were friends, but that didn't imply they would sit in the shithole to so much as enjoy a weekend. Chaeyoung would get it; she had known her long enough to know about her, but Yeri was the sophisticated type of friend she had. Jeongyeon always wanted to keep a good impression on her.

So for Sat, she decided she would clean up the mess and be ready to welcome them home the next day.

It's just that she didn't expect the mess to be this huge.

For one, Jeongyeon didn't unpack her luggage since the time she moved in. She only opened her clothes', necessities bag and a few items she thought would be useful. In plans of refurbishing her place, she didn't do as much as unboxing her cartons. This resulted in cockroaches and all types of insects finding a home in her belongings and the unopened boxes.

Also, her laziness had a great deal of contribution to the clutter of her house. She seldom kept her coffee cups in the sink — let alone rinse them, — never cleaned up after she ate and threw her clothes on the couches because she was too "tired" to go the laundry and dump them there. She sighed in relief at the fact that she at least had the decency to wash the clothes when she ran out of them.

She knew from the first day that this was not supposed to happen. She knew why Seongyeon was always reluctant to let Jeongyeon live away from her, alone; she knew she was too irresponsible to look after herself in all aspects. She lived like one would in a hotel: carefree and weariless. She almost got mad at herself for this. If she had known this would end up like this, she would have put a damper on herself from the start. The heap of untidiness was too weighty for one person to clear it up. 

But those thoughts weren't going to do her any good, so without further ado, she went right to work.

• • •