2. Unfortunate Encounter

Jeongyeon slammed her pen on the her coffee table situated in the middle of her living room and clutched her head in agony

The frustration of studying was already eating her alive, and it potentially strengthened its power when she was using it as a means of distraction from bigger pain-in-the-ass disasters.

Two weeks have passed since the arrival of Taehyung, whom she also referred to as the wrath, but the fact that he was doing absolutely nothing was bringing her more frustration.

Since he came, she braced herself for the worst scenarios, already planned her reactions and memorized her come back dialogues, but none of them had to come to life.

In college hours, Taehyung completely ignored her, as if she's nothing to him more than a fellow classmate, specifically the one which you have got absolutely nothing to do with. He didn't even smile at her, much less come up to her and initiate a full-length conversation, where he would bring up their old memories.

As much as she was thankful to her stars that he wasn't interacting with her, there were a few things that hit her later.

Firstly, he was finally over her just the way she moved on from him, and the very thought made her feel if she was that easy to forget. If he had come here being oblivious to the fact that she's going to be present there, that meant he had bigger goals in life, other than getting back with his ex-girlfriend. And here she was the one looking stupid, being all sensitive of seeing him around her like he was her first crush or something along the lines of it.

Yet, another thought, more like a command from her inner self, hammered the back of her mind. She should never let her guard down, especially when Taehyung is the one she's opposing. When she was with him, there were enough incidents from which she learnt the true colours of his personality, and considering her experience and the knowledge of people intelligence she possessed, she was positive that a misfortune, even if a mile away, was awaiting her. After all, she's been with him too much to know that this is one of his dispositions where he clearly shows the calm before the storm.

However, she didn't want to bother herself to remember her cheerful past which ended up like shit. She had long forgotten all the events and memories, considering that she has a terrible memory, and she was ready to cherish her new phase of life.

She remembered how she had anticipated every good thing, expected the best for herself. That phase had begun just a few weeks ago, and it was already shattering in front of her eyes.

She thought maybe she was overthinking, or she probably overestimated the worth of this petty world. The latter seemed reasonable to her. She chided herself because she should've known the consequences. Not everything is a fairytale, and she was well aware of this fact, but she didn't know what got in the way that she got blinded to the point where she couldn't see ahead of her, see the reality instead of her exploding expectations.