32. Not Friends

Just when she was in the corridor of the sixth floor, she halted mid-walk to see, with raised eyebrows, that Jimin was leaving the flat

Just when she was in the corridor of the sixth floor, she halted mid-walk to see, with raised eyebrows, that Jimin was leaving the flat. He was even quicker today, she thought.

Jimin's eyes landed on her, and he smiled. Not the soft, genuine smile. It was more towards a smirk; only his lips curved upwards, his eyes just got more amused. He stopped midway too.

Not only that, but when he saw it was her, he pressed his open palm to the side, which happened to be a door, and crossed his booted foot over the other.

She swallowed hard again and broke eye contact with him, too full of glitchy feelings to say anything.

Jimin tilted his head at her.

She expected him to throw a snide remark. Or a scowl. Or a scoff. Or the explanation of how he was awake and knew she pecked his lips creepily.

But she didn't expect what happened next.

A door click later, Jimin's expression quickly morphed into shocked before he fell sideways, his feet failing him.

Jeongyeon's eyes widened, frozen. The woman who was exiting the flat screamed and then yelled. "Who are you?!"

Jimin quickly scrambled to his feet and dusted his shirt and pants, continually bowing down in apology and embarrassment. "I'm sorry," he said, looking down, pursing his lips right after. "I didn't mean to. I'm sorry."

The woman didn't say anything and exited the flat with a weirded-out look on her face. She glanced at Jimin from up to down, scrutinizing. It was obvious from her expression that she was not pleased with him for this encounter.

Said woman started walking, and her eyes landed on Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon cowered and awkwardly smiled. The woman scoffed and walked down the hall and the stairs, disappearing.

Jeongyeon turned back to Jimin, who had his hands in pockets, acting like he just didn't embarrass himself the first thing today.

Jeongyeon turned away and walked down the stairs, wondering how the woman reached nearly the end of the staircase so quickly. "Hey, wait!" She heard behind her.

She didn't wait. She knew he would catch up.

He eventually did and walked by her side, descending one step at a time.

"Thank you so much for your help and assistance. I don't think I will ever be able to repay you for your kindness," he scoffed beside her, sarcastic.

She turned to him. "What did you want me to do, idiot?"

"I don't know, help me up?" He cast her a frowned glance.

"Oh, really?" She asked back. "Why? Was I the one who told you to pose like that? What was going through your mind, really?"

Jimin turned pink from abashment. "Shut up. You should've been there so that I wouldn't have been as embarrassed in front of her."

"Do you know that woman?"