CHAPTER 16: SHATTERED PIECES

PREVIOUSLY: NEW BEGINNING

Now, this new team out from nowhere easily defeated Teikoku. Fortunately, they got another opportunity to see them their plays this Saturday. For sure, it will be amazing match to watch, they can’t miss it.

“Arigatou Gouenji for your time, I feel much better. I need to go now, I still have things to fix here.”

“Yeah, no problem. You know you can talk to us anytime. Don’t overdo it yourself too much or else Natsumi will rage at you and you don’t really want that.” Gouenji smirks as he mentions the wife of his friend.

“Yeah! Yeah! Don’t need to remind me, I don’t want to remember it at all. I have to go, bye.” Then Endou ends their call and place down his phone in his desk.

Then a sound of knocks echo through his silent office. He looks at the door as it opens reveals the Raimon’s pilar.

************************************

RAIMON JR. HIGH

“Endou Kantuko. Can we talk for a moment?” request the strategist. Endou nods offer them to sit down on one of the couch.

“How are the two of you doing?” he asked his players, concern in his voice. He knows these will be hard for them, they’ve been most close to the brunet than others. After all, they are the strongest players in Japan there is.

“Kantoku. We’ve talked about this a lot and we already made up our minds to…” Shindou pause for a bit and took one final glance at his companion for the last confirmation. Tsurugi’s facial expression says everything he needs for an answer.

“To revitalize the team. We want to assist and lead them as much as we can do.” The way he said is firm and honest.

Endou doubts a little and he looks at the ace striker, same goes for him he’s expression answers it all.

Without any words, he stands up came close to the window watching the students below. He saw the familiar first years silently walking without the usual bright smile they used to have.

The two players quietly observe their coach. They don’t know what their coach is thinking. The only they can do for now is patiently wait for his response.

Later on, Endou faces the two “Shindou! Tsurugi!” the said players look up at him.

“Tell me, are you sure about this? I know from all members of the team, the two of you are the most affected by the situation. I don’t want the two of you to push yourself. Yes, you’re physically ready but are you mentally alright?” Endou with a concerned voice and looks at them closely, inspecting every move they did.

“Kantoku, honestly we’re greatly affected at the sudden resignation of him without even letting us know. We tried to contact him for answers but he didn’t pick up. We discussed it and decided to continue what we usually do, to keep the team stronger and aim for higher.” Sincerely says the ace striker.

Then Shindou nods to support what the striker said is true. “Kantoku this is our final decision. I don’t know why he left us like that, it’s his choice so be it. Our main priority is the team to get back the way it supposes to be and continue getting stronger.”

Endou saw the determination in their eyes and their voice is constant and sincere. That’s all he needs for an answer. He sighs and smiles at them with resolution in mind. “Okay. I’ll entrust the two of you to put back all the pieces the way it was. But!”

Shindou and Tsurugi look at each other confused, as their coach went towards them touches their shoulders.

“Don’t push them too hard, just take it slowly, especially the first years. In the meantime, give them some days for themselves. I know they will come around and so as the Raimon’s spirit.” The two smiles and nods at their coach as understanding
They stand up from their sits and bow down to their coach. “Arigatou Endou Kantoku!” then headed out of the office.