CHAPTER 20: WISH GRANTED

PREVIOUSLY: PREPARATION

"I know that you already know this, but I will say it again. Let's put everything we have in the match. I want all of you to stay focus and think nothing else than the match. We can't win if we stayed like this, still bothered at the past event." He closely observes each one of them.

"But it's much better if he was here." silently mumbles Hiro. Osamu continues, "Will he be happy when he sees us in this situation?" They stay silent, speechless. The silence inside the room was killing them, you can't hear anything until...

"You should listen to Osamu-san!" shouts the new voice, but calm and a little disturbed, enter the room. The team swiftly turns around the door, totally shock when hearing that familiar voice that they very know. "Tenma!"

************************************

In the meadow full of flowers is in peace and harmony. Bird singing around, following the flow of the gentle warm wind. Butterfly flying around the field of flowers as it is dancing along in the wind. It's truly a beautiful paradise to rest in and finally find your eternal peace within, far from problems, chaos, or pain. Only peace and happiness that you ever wish for a long time.

In the middle of the meadow, a young woman is sitting quietly with her older son in her very own arms, crying and hugging her tightly, not wishing to let go. She gently stroke his hair and patiently wait for him to calm down.

After some time, the brunet calms down. She pulls away and looks at him. She wipes the trail of tears from his cheeks, keeps her hand there, and gives a gentle kiss on his forehead. "Feeling better, my little wind?" says with her sweet tender voice.

Tenma smiles at the gestures, missing this kind of feeling, longing for a motherly love for a very long time. "Hai." replies softly at his mother.

Yoshiko, his mother, stands up at their place, helping him also to get up. "How about we do something fun like we used to do?"

Tenma rubs his teary eyes by the back of his fingers. He looks closely at his mother and now clearly sees her beautiful face. Her chestnut curly hair, her eyes are still as bright blue as the ocean under the shining sun, and her beautiful smile. She stills as gorgeous as he remembers. "I love too!"

So they went around to explore and have some fun. Tenma happily shares stories with his mother about their family and friends when I meant friends, pure and real friends, those are the Shizen Genki Soccer Team.

For the first time in a long time, he was carefree and happier. You can see the brightest smile on his face than ever before. Yoshiko is pleased to see her son like this. She already knows what he has been through these past months at Raimon and feels sorry about it.

Along the way, Tenma spotted their favorite flower. It has a vivid shade of blue in the five petals, united into a bell shape. He picks one of them and returns to his mother. "Here, Ka-san! Your favorite flower."

Yoshiko gets the flower and smells it. "Hmm... Gentian flower, my favorite. Arigatou Arion. I love it." She bends down and gently pokes his nose, makes him giggle.

Tenma grabs the flower again from his mother's hand. He strokes some of her hair away and places the flower on her ear. "Much Better!"

"You know I have an idea. Close your eyes for a moment." request Yoshiko to his son as she stands up, shuffles his soft hair. Tenma hesitates, scared if his mother will disappear. "Trust me. I won't go anywhere or disappear anytime." that makes him feels assure. He obeys her request and closes his metallic blue eyes.

Seconds later, he suddenly feels warm in his body. He hears water splashing, the ground he steps in is soft, not the hard soil anymore, and the air around is different. It changes into the one he always smells back in Okinawa. "You can now open your eyes, my little wind."