CHAPTER 18: HOPE

PREVIOUSLY: LIGHT IN DARKNESS

"What's with the sad face, my little wind?"

Tenma stops by that sweet voice. He knows too well just based on the nickname used, that he didn't hear for such a long time.

Turns around, sees the person that he loved and missed so much. "Ka-san!" tears rapidly flowing down.

"Can you give Ka-san a warm hug?" the woman who has the same hair color as the teen, spreads her arms wide for his son.

Tenma quickly runs into her arms, tightly hugs her. The two embrace each other doesn't want to let go. After many years, they finally reunited once again.

************************************

OKINAWA GENERAL HOSPITAL

Five days, everything is peaceful and quiet. But still no sign of life of their beloved brunet. Though, every single day, according to the doctor, his condition is getting better and better. Everyone is glad to hear it. Tenma is fighting with them.

Some Shizen soccer players often came to the hospital to visit him. Ever since the day, they have a combat match Coach Taiki doesn't let them train the rest of the week. Instead, just focus on their recovery for their upcoming friendly match. However, the three childhood friends of the brunet always came by before and after school.

Many wonder where does the brunet and what happened. Surprisingly for everyone, he just went to school once and now disappears the rest of the week.

No one knows about his situation except his family and the soccer team. Hiroto requested them to keep under wraps, and if ever someone asks, only tells them that he has a family business to take care of.

They don't want Tenma bombarded with lots of questions once he comes back, and it might trigger his seizure back.

🌸

RAIMON JR. HIGH

Early in the morning before school starts. In the soccer club, everything seems to show progress. The whole week, the two Raimon key players, Tsurugi and Shindou, spent their free time either in the clubroom or in the inside field. While waiting for the team to show up, they discussed the team's physical status and team plays. Sometimes they want a break from those kinds of stuff, just headed to the inside field to play soccer or have a little training.

However, as days passed, the team slowly starts showing up. More specifically, the third years and second years. They thought a lot of the things that happened to the team. Just like Coach Endou told them, all came back with answers and clear minds.

Today, the team is currently discussing their team plays and training menus for next week in the clubroom. Since there will be a huge change for their field plays in their future matches.

"I think we need to work more on our offense. The tougher our offense, the more chances we score a goal, and it will be hard for our opponent to stop us."

Shindou nods at the idea of his pink hair best friend then he glances at the others as they nod at him, also agrees at the thought.

Without any further ideas or opinions from others, "Alright, we will work on our offense. After... everything settles down."

"Why can't we go and talk to them again? There is no harm in doing it, we're only giving them the comfort they need, right? It is not like that we make things worst for them." says Hamano resting his head in his hand.

"We can't do anything for them. It's Endou Kantuko's orders. I really want to talk to them as well in the first place but Endou Kantuko prevents us to do so." explains the strategist with his concerned voice. He badly wants to help them all but whatever their coach said to them. They know his intention is for the betterment of the team.