Blame it one me chapter 1

The clacking of high heels was the only thing echoing between the empty walls of the corridor Yamada and Aizawa walked into as they followed the tall woman, Ms. Kaneko, the head of the orphanage. They headed to her office and they sat down to the chairs in front of her desk while she pulled out a file from a drawer.

"Ito told me you could handle him, but I must say, he's one of the most difficult children we have welcomed here." Ms. Kaneko said as she pulled out the adoption papers which needed to be signed.

"We'll do our best to take care of him, ma'am." Aizawa said with a neutral expression, as always.

Yamada signed the papers and spoke up: "He'll be just fine in no time. Thank you for trusting Katsuki to us."

"Thank you for adopting him. He's at the back office, I'll bring him here and you can be on your way." Ms. Kaneko put all the papers into one file before she stood up and walked to the door with a glass window on it, then she went through.

Yamada and Aizawa peaked through the glass to see an ash-blond boy in all black, slumping on a chair by the window. He stared at the floor as Ms. Kaneko walked up to him and she said a few words which they couldn't hear.

The boy turned his head to look out the glass screen on the door and those piercing crimson eyes appeared quite threatening paired with a scowl. The boy lowered his head once more and grabbed a blue school bag from the leg of the chair and followed Ms. Kaneko outside to the main office, where the couple was sitting.

Ms. Kaneko closed the door behind them and the blond boy halted right at the doorway, not moving closer to the adults, his back pressed against the door and eyes wondered around the room, finding a distant spot to stare at instead of the people in front of him.

"Say hello to Mr. Aizawa and Mr. Yamada." Ms. Kaneko told the kid, using a way more strict tone than the one she talked to the adults with.

Aizawa perked an eyebrow up in annoyance, but before he could speak up and start a fight, already being overprotective of their barely legal adopted kid, Yamada stepped forward to greet the boy instead.

"Hi, Katsuki! It's a pleasure—" Yamada offered his hand for the boy to shake. His movement was welcomed by the kid flinching and lowering his head even further, clearly expecting a hit. "...to to meet you."

Ms. Kaneko narrowed her eyes at Katsuki before she shot an apologetic look at the couple: "I'm sorry, he's—"

"No worries." Aizawa cut her off, bowed and said goodbye, then he started going. He was more than eager to get out of there as soon as possible.

The ash-blond boy followed the couple from a certain distance. Yamada backed up just enough to walk next to the kid, who still haven't glanced up to look into their eyes. He was carrying his bag on one shoulder, grasping the gray straps tightly with one hand while kept the other hidden in the pocket of his trousers.

"Are you excited, Katsuki?"

"No." The kid grunted, still keeping his head down. That was the first word he spoke since they met and his tone caught Yamada off guard, but not enough to lose his smile.