Blame it on me chapter 4

Shouta drove an extra mile just to give Katsuki some time to sleep, since if he was honest, the kid looked quite exhausted and Shouta wasn't so sure he even had any sleep last night. After he parked and turned the engine off, he glanced back at the blond on the back seat to see him still being knocked out. He reached for the boy's knee and set his palm on it carefully, giving it a gentle squeeze as accosted him:

"Katsuki,"

The boy woke with a shudder and looked around in mere panic as soon as his eyes opened. He pulled away from Shouta and unconsciously placed a hand across his collarbone on the left like he was in pain. He took a few shaky, disconcerted breaths. His eyes were dazed and dark, his features were rigid with tension while his mind seemed to stay stuck in a memory.

"Are you okay?" Aizawa asked fondly, pulling his hand back to give the kid some space.

Katsuki turned to him for less than a second before tilting his head back down silently, barely acknowledging his there being. He grasped the fabric of his T-shirt above his collar for another moment before letting go and folded his arms across his chest, not planning on answering.

"We're back," Shouta changed the subject when it became obvious the child wasn't going to jump into his arms and explain what made him so upset. He got out of the car and grabbed the bags of clothes they bought before heading inside, making sure to move slowly enough not to scare the boy and to let him follow from behind. After they got in and settled down a bit, Shouta spoke up:

"Would you help me make some curry for lunch?"

Katsuki kicked his dirty sneakers off his feet and put them away as grunted: "Sure."

Judging from the pancakes Katsuki made in the morning, Shouta predicted he'd be good with the knife as well. He chopped the greens like a pro chef with a somewhat calm expression compared to the one he woke up with. He looked like his mind was taking him somewhere else and his movements were automatic, but he wasn't radiating panic anymore.

"You'd make a great chef, Katsuki." He commented as poured water and rice into the rice cooker and set it to start.

"I'll be the number one hero, not some lame chef." Katsuki mumbled, chopping up the last of the carrots.

"You'll need to apply to a hero school for that."

"I'll go to UA high."

"UA, huh? Would you believe me if I said I teach there?" Aizawa asked, trying to say things Hizashi would. Knowing his husband, he probably had already made friends with Katsuki yesterday while Shouta was out on patrol.

"No." Katsuki answered skeptically.

"Hizashi works there, too, but he's also running Put Your Hands up radio and is a part-time DJ. I suppose he already told you that." Shouta rather talked about Hizashi than himself, since his husband was simply more interesting and just mentioning him made Shouta's day. He assumed Hizashi made a good enough impression on the kid to hope for the same kind of effect on him as well.