Blame it on me chapter 2

Hizashi set the table for two after Shouta took the dinner upstairs for their newcomer. They weren't too surprised when Katsuki didn't want to come downstairs. They agreed they'd let Katsuki set the pace, not yet knowing what exactly happened to him in the past. From the little information they had, they assumed he was about the opposite of Hitoshi, which is why they let their youngest son have a sleepover with one of his friends. They needed to test the waters with Katsuki before bringing Hitoshi into the picture.

When Shouta came back and they sat down to eat, Hizashi reached to brush the dark locks of hair out of his husband's face and behind his ear as he started:

"Did he like the manga?"

"He wasn't too impressed but he obviously didn't expect it." Shouta answered between two slurps.

"Did you tell him we're heroes?" Asked Hizashi.

"He doesn't believe a thing we say. You know that." Shouta answered.

"It could still be a good conversation starter." Hizashi pointed out.

"I'll leave it to you then. I told him you're going to check on him later to say good night." Aizawa said as he stood up and took their dishes to the kitchen sink.

He was ready to leave in only a few minutes and Hizashi wrapped him into a hug at the doorstep and pressed a soft kiss onto his forehead before speaking up: "I know you're hiding something. Out with it, baby."

He didn't let Shouta go on purpose, peer pressure worked way better if there was a physical factor to it. Shouta grunted in defeat and admitted: "I might have gotten some favors returned to get Katsuki's hospital records... and maybe a few case files from the police."

"I'm unfazed, Shouta." Hizashi answered. "Unfazed."

"Oh, come on, Zashi. You want to know it as much as I do." Aizawa said, not fighting to get out of that hug at all.

"I'm not so sure. Maybe we should just let him forget it." Hizashi said, tightening his hold around his husband as he realized this was leading exactly where he didn't want to go.

"It's trauma. It's going to affect the rest of his life and if we know what he's been through, we will have a better insight on how we should treat him—"

"I know you mean well. I do." Hizashi cut him off. "I'm just not sure if this is the best way and... You won't be able to sleep after reading the files."

"I'm used to not sleeping." Shouta mumbled.

"You know what I mean." Hizashi said as he let him go. He planted another peck onto his husband's forehead before whispering: "Just don't dig too deep. You'll hurt yourself."

Shouta answered with a kiss on his lips before he opened the front door and left. Hizashi sighed with a heavy heart, knowing how obsessed his husband could get with saving kids.

The only thing he couldn't accept was he couldn't change their pasts, no matter what he did. Hizashi remembered when he dug up everything he could find on Hitoshi and he was wide awake for a whole week, blaming himself for not finding him sooner, until Ito helped them organize the adoption and they finally could bring him home.

No one knew the side of Shouta Hizashi did. No one else had seen that man care so deeply about anything as much as he really could, since he stopped caring about what other people thought of him a long time ago and he barely let anyone close enough to see the side of him only Hizashi got to experience truly.