Blame it on me chapter 8

Shouta didn't expect today to be a good day, but he wasn't overjoyed to get a phone call from the school to get informed Katsuki got into a fight. He had to leave his class to get Katsuki after he texted his husband to let him know what was going on. It was a twenty-minute ride from UA and all Shouta could think about was he hoped Katsuki didn't have a quarrel with Hitoshi.

He darted through the doors and corridors towards the principal's office, where he saw his son slumped over a bench with his feet stretched out and his hands in his pockets, staring at the ground with a scowl on his face. Three mothers were already there, murmuring not so softly, and not so far away from Katsuki.

"That little monster. I heard it's his first week, and he's already bullying kids." One mother spat as side eyed Katsuki, who reacted nothing, even though he was well in the range of audibility.

"Who the hell raised a brat like that? Have you seen what he did to my little Noritaka?" Said another mother a bit louder, not even trying to control her volume enough to at least pretend she paid mind to Katsuki being right there.

Katsuki didn't even look close to feeling remorse. The other three kids weren't present, which was odd considering usually both parties of a fight should be present for a punishment. Shouta already knew what was going on as walked past the mothers and closed in on Katsuki. The kid didn't lift his gaze to meet his, nor acknowledged him in any way and before Shouta could accost him, the principal arrived.

"Pardon me for the delay. Thank you all for coming, please let's all go into my office to sort this out." He spoke calmly and gave a sympathetic smile to the parents.

"Excuse me, Principal Saito, I was told my son and three other boys had a fight, so why is my son the only one present?" Shouta asked as turned to him, still standing by Katsuki's side.

"Because your brat started the fight." Said one of the mothers and if Aizawa wasn't a man of rationality, he might've shown them what starting a fight really looked like.

"Are you telling me that you firmly believe one kid willingly started a conflict with a group of three instead of considering the possibility that they ganged up on one?" He asked and before the mother could snap back, the principal tried to calm them down and explained:

"I understand everyone is upset, but all four boys are getting equal punishment. Katsuki was pulled out of classes to lessen the likelihood of another conflict occurring, since he's new."

Aizawa wasn't pleased with the answer but he could take it for the sake of making less of a fuss out of the whole incident. They went to the principal's office to discuss the happenings and Katsuki was left outside. Shouta glanced back at him for a moment and caught him quickly pull his gaze from him and glance down at his feet again.

As he left the principal's office, the blond boy was sitting the same way as he left him. Shouta walked close enough to let Katsuki see his feet from the angle his head was turned down to let him know it was him standing there, then accosted him: "We're leaving."

Katsuki stood up silently and waited for him to get going before following. Shouta waited a few moments in case the kid wanted to start an explanation by himself, but Katsuki resorted to staying mute.