Blame it on my chapter 7

"It's been hours." Hizashi spoke up from where he was laying on the couch with his husband on top of him.

"I'm pretty sure he's not going to come downstairs." Shouta mumbled against his chest, barely awake.

Hizashi had his laptop on his husband's back as he worked but couldn't find the strenghts to keep concentrating on dumb schedules while his kids were on his mind constantly.

"I'm getting kinda worried." He spoke up again.

"He would've came downstairs if he wanted to be around us." Shouta mumbled tiredly.

Hizashi put his laptop to the tea table and pushed Shouta up and off of himself saying: "I'm going upstairs."

His husband mumbled something in response as he left the room. The corridor upstairs was utterly quiet. No sound came from either kids' rooms. Hizashi knocked on Katsuki's door softly before let himself in, already turning towards the corner where the boy has been nesting ever since he moved in. He didn't even notice the bump on the bed until had to turn back after realizing the corner was empty. He stared at the bed in awe as stepped closer silently, gaining a sight of Katsuki bundled up underneath the comforter, sleeping on his side peacefully with his mouth parted slightly.

He has never seen Katsuki look so relaxed before. He was sleeping like a log, as if he hasn't slept in ages. Hitoshi reached out to brush through the blond spikes, but halted his movements just before he made contact. He thought about how Katsuki reacted to being woken like so on the first night he spent in their home and hesitation got a hold on him as he realized things haven't really changed since then. He pulled away and left the room to let Katsuki sleep, cursing existence for not having his phone on him to take a picture.

He went to check on Hitoshi to find him being bundled up in bed with Shima by his side, fast asleep, just like Katsuki. His eyes were still puffy after he cried himself to sleep, repeating that Katsuki wasn't ever going to forgive him. Hizashi hoped it wasn't as serious of a problem that their kids couldn't get over with time as walked in and gave Hitoshi a good night kiss before sneaked back downstairs.

His husband was sprawled on the couch, exactly like he left him. He sat down on the ground and leaned closer to Shouta, then started massaging his scalp on the spot he loved it most, gaining a happy puff.

"They're both in bed."

"I wanna be in bed, too." Shouta pouted tiredly.

"I said both." Hizashi pointed out the detail his husband was too tired to pick up on. Shouta lifted his head from the couch to look at him with bloodshot eyes and drew a questioning eyebrow upwards.

"Katsuki's in his bed, too. He's out like a light." Hizashi explained with a soft smile. "Can you believe it was a goddamn nightstand?"

"I never would've thought, but I have a feeling it reminds him of something unpleasant. He never gave a reason." Shouta croaked as sat up slowly. "All he said was he hates it more than anything in this house."

"I can go and get him a new one next week, I'll try to make him talk... but I don't know..." Hizashi trailed off as Shouta stood up lazily and leaned in for a soft kiss. His warm hand wrapped around Hizashi's waist and drew him closer, making him weak with a simple touch.

When their lips parted, Shouta rested his head on Hizashi's shoulder and let out a sad sigh. Hizashi felt the same. He pressed a peck onto his husband's hair and wrapped his arms around his shoulders. They stayed like so for a few moments, not needing words to understand each other's need of comfort.