Blame it on me chapter 14

By the time dinner was ready, both teens were fast asleep on the couch. Katsuki's fever didn't go down, it rather got worse and the adults decided to let him sleep it off instead of waking him up for dinner. Hitoshi was technically sleeping on Katsuki, snuggling up against his side. He was prone to sickness, but neither Hizashi or Shouta had the heart to separate them, for they looked so sweet together and Hitoshi was the only being Katsuki endured to be close to. They didn't want to leave them sleeping on the couch for the night, nor wake them up. The only problem was they were technically folded in on each other. They had to at least wake Hitoshi to be able to move them.

Shouta petted Hitoshi's purple locks for a few moments, before their son cracked his eyes open.

"Hey, tiny one, can you sit up for me?" Shouta whispered to him with a gentle smile.

Hitoshi sat up with a heavy sigh as he rubbed his eyes. Hizashi scooped Katsuki off his lap and gathered him into his arms, then he lifted him up.

"I'm hungry..." Hitoshi whimpered as Hizashi started carrying their feverish son towards his room.

"Oh, yeah? Dinner is ready." Shouta cheered softly as Hizashi turned out of the area to walk down the hallway. "Come to the table, alright?" He requested while petting Hitoshi's unruly hair before he walked to the kitchen to prepare a bowl of ramen for his son.

Hitoshi was technically half asleep as he slumped over the dining table and he rested his head in his arms. Shouta didn't think much of it, not until he set the bowl of ramen to the table and Hitoshi reached out to hold his hand. The boy pulled him closer and leaned in for an embrace. Shoura ran his fingers through his hair and Hizashi let out a soft puff before he spoke up:

"Have you decided?"

"About what?" Shouta asked softly.

"Katsuki."

"I've told you it's not our decision." Shouta said.

"I want him to stay." Said Hitoshi.

"So do we. It's on him." Shouta answered as he walked to the other side of the table and he leaned onto the top of the chair facing Hitoshi. "Do you remember when you were little and we would have those conferences?"

"Sure," Hitoshi said with a gentile beam across his face. "They were cool." He added as he started to eat.

"We'll have one of those with Katsuki to talk everything out after he's feeling a bit better." Shouta explained.

"Why didn't you talk before?" Asked Hitoshi with general curiosity. He was taught to ask whenever he had anything on his mind and Shouta was grateful he trusted them enough to live by that.

As for the question... Shouta had been asking himself the same. They should have sat down with Katsuki on the first day, and they were planning on it. But Katsuki's behaviour threw their plans off course to the point where... well, there they were.

"How do I put this..." Shouta started. He pulled out the chair he's been leaning on and he sat down with a sigh. "Remember how you felt when we met for the first few times and after you moved in with us?"

"Sure. I was a bit scared but... I was happy, you know. I think I already loved you back then, I just didn't know." Hizashi said and reached across the table to nib at his dad's hand.

"We already loved you back then, too." Shouta answered as watched his son's small hand in his. The skin on Shouta's hand was thick and scarred, giving a contrast to Hitoshi's delicate and soft hand placed across his palm. "You know, what helped us get along was your willingness to cooperate from the beginning. Sure, we had a few rough episodes, but you were always open towards us."