Blame it on me chapter 19

Here is another one cause I haven't updated in a while

Shouta cracked his eyes open as he failed to take a deep breath. He was burning up, squished into Hizashi's chest as his husband hugged him a little too tight and a little too far underneath the blanket, making it impossible to breathe. Shouta tried to push away, but Hizashi only pulled him closer, which he would have loved in just about any other scenario, but for the time being he couldn't fucking breathe.

"Zashi, hey," Shouta choked out as he put more strength into pushing Hizashi away. His husband grunted in his sleep as he woke by the nagging. "Let go, I can't breathe."

Hizashi loosened his hold around him, and Shouta pulled away and out from under the comforter. Hizashi didn't even crack an eye as he turned to lie on his back, sleeping soundly. Shouta took a few deep breaths, now that he could, then he got off the bed and put on a pair of boxers and sweatpants. He was kind of hungry and some fresh air wouldn't hurt. He glanced at the digital clock on his bedside table to see it was half-past two. Just about time for a late night snack.

Shouta sneaked out of the bedroom, eased the door closed, and stumbled down the corridor in the semidarkness. As he got closer to the kitchen, a weird sound caught his attention, but he couldn't pinpoint where it came from. He stopped walking and paused his breathing for a moment to listen to the noise breaking the utter silence of the house.

It started out softly, then broke down and picked up anew in a repeating pattern. High-pitched, shuddering. Panting, wheezing.

Shouta picked up his steps again and as soon as he got to the kitchen slash living room area, the frame of a boy became visible. The streetlights infiltrating the room from the window gave just enough light for Shouta to recognize Katsuki standing in the middle of the living room, wearing an oversized sweatshirt he was certain was Hitoshi's and hugging an octopus shaped plush against his chest.

He seemed like he was looking for something and was yet to notice Shouta, who decided to head to the kitchen and announce his there being by opening the fridge, judging he would only come off more terrifying if he were to run at his kid in the darkness or something.

"Care for a midnight snack?" He asked, turning to check on Katsuki and his heart dropped to his stomach as his child turned to him as well. Wide open, terrified eyes scanned him up and down. High-pitched panting was accompanied by visible shaking as he grasped the plush toy closer to his chest.

They stared at each other for a moment before Shouta took his way to his son, who backed away a bit in fear.

"What's wrong, Small Fry?"

"I can't find Kuro." Katsuki stuttered breathlessly.

That didn't explain why he was trembling like a leaf.

"Are you cold? You're shaking..." Shouta asked as he gently placed his hand on the top of Katsuki's trying to feel his body temperature. He was quite cold, but not enough to shake like he was.

"I c-can't help it," Katsuki shuddered and tears pooled in his eyes.

"It's okay. It's okay. Do you want me to help with the shaking or finding Kuro first?" Shouta spoke softly.

"I don't— I don't know," Katsuki broke down in a sob and stepped closer to him. Shouta drew him in for a hug by instinct and only realized a second later that Katsuki tried to get closer rather than away.

"Did you have a nightmare?" Shouta asked as Katsuki tried to catch his breath, but he failed each time he tried to draw in a bigger one.

Katsuki shook his head, but Shouta doubted he said the truth.