Blame it on me chapter 10

Katsuki didn't live that far away from the house. He rushed to the store he and Hitoshi passed the other day on their road from school, since he knew the way home from there. As he reached the store, he glanced behind himself to see if he was being followed. There was no one in sight, except for the random people on the streets he didn't need to worry about. He calculated he'd be at home in an hour, if he was quick. He ran and ran mindlessly. Desperately chasing the mental image of his home and his parents waiting for him at the finish line. His feet hurt from running on asphalt, and he was breathless, but he was driven by the desire to finally get home.

He arrived to a busier part of the city and some people stopped to stare at him, but he didn't pay notice to them with only one goal in front of him. He ran by two police officers out on patrol, and he was yanked back by his forearm.

"Hey, kid, are you in trouble?" Asked the officer, grasping Katsuki's arm with an iron grip.

"Let go of me, old man!" Katsuki yelled at the officer, and he tried to free himself from his hold.

The other police officer held on to his right forearm to block his attempts as asked: "Where are your parents?"

Katsuki panicked and before he could even think of what he was doing, he set off an explosion that blew the policemen and himself aside. He crashed on the asphalt, and he was honked at by a car passing by. His vision darkened for a split second as a few bystanders started screaming and running away, thinking the detonation was a villain's doing.

Katsuki sat up lazily as his ears were ringing from hitting his head by the fall. He focused his eyes and saw the police officers on the ground, unmoving. He stood up on shaky legs and walked closer to the two men on the pathway. One of them groaned in pain and the other sat up slowly.

"What the hell?" One of them croaked and Katsuki ran away before they could realize what happened. They called after him, but he was fast enough to escape before they even managed to get up.

He didn't mean to hurt them. He didn't mean to scare the surrounding people. Katsuki wasn't some villain to attack policemen, even if they were dicks enough to yank him around when he was in a hurry.

He hoped his parents won't find out what he had done. They had to see that he changed. He needed them to know he could be good again. He wouldn't fail them again.

He reached the corner leading to their street as the sun was getting low. He turned in and ran towards the familiar house he grew up in. Trying to finally reach something that wasn't so damn strange. The fence was open, so he didn't have to climb through to make it to the front door and start knocking.

He was winded and his heart was beating in his throat as he waited for someone to open the door. He surely was going to get punished for being so loud, but he didn't even care anymore as the door finally opened, and he couldn't help but smile in relief for the first time in four months.

The smile froze on Katsuki's face and changed to mere shock as the person who opened the door was a stranger. Katsuki took a step backwards as the tall, black haired woman widened the opening of the front door.