Changes

For those who haven't read the first part of the series and don't intend to before reading this work, or the ones who need a refresher:

Ch. 11 of Blame It On Me shows Katsuki's point of view and the *thing* that happened but Izuku doesn't know yet.   

Slumping over his desk, Izuku tried to make himself smaller, harder to notice, since being everyone's main target for bullying was a hard job he did not sign up for, yet he's been employee of the month several times in a row. He was scribbling into his notebook about the hero he saw in action before school that morning. Even though he was quirkless, he could still learn from other heroes and adapt their techniques to study how to be a hero someday. He heard UA was debating getting rid of their rule about accepting students with quirks only, and if they would, Izuku could get the chance to enroll there in the future.

It was the end of his first month as a middle schooler, yet he had no friends, but rather many enemies. Kacchan's thirteenth birthday was a few weeks ago and Izuku heard his followers talk about throwing him a party, but since Kacchan — opposing his self-centered personality — hated his birthday, he forbid them from even mentioning it.

For the past few years, Kacchan had gone down the road towards evil. He used to hurt Izuku all the time, but lately, he was hitting his friends, too, even when they did nothing to anger him. Kacchan was slowly — not so slowly — becoming nothing more than an annoying jerk. Izuku knew something had happened that changed him. It wasn't just his quirk, even though he started changing since it developed, Izuku knew there was something else, and he was almost positive he identified what it was.

His thought process was cut off by the door opening and a certain blond stomping in with a scowl on his face, and a faint bruise on his cheek. It looked like he had a conflict with his mom again. In case anybody asked, Kacchan kept saying he got in fights with other kids, but Izuku had seen his mom hit him way too many times, and if Kacchan were to fight anyone, he would come out as a winner, untouched. And if he were to get injured in a fight with some other kid, he would rather die than to admit.

His excuses were screaming obvious lies.

Everyone seemed to believe him, though. Everyone who knew him less than Izuku did.

Izuku's mom never treated him the way Kacchan's mom treated Kacchan. She was kind and caring, trying her best to protect Izuku at all cost. She and Mrs. Bakugou were close friends, and they would often spend time together. One thing they always seemed to agree on was that Kacchan was 'troublesome'. Izuku was on their side as well, since his childhood friend indeed had grown into an asshole, but as far as Izuku was concerned, that wasn't a reason to give him a fresh bruise every other week. Or lately, every other day.

Izuku noticed a few of the bruises Kacchan thought he managed to hide well. He also noticed how sometimes he was limping or moving a bit more cautiously, especially after breaks or weekends. And whenever a new bruise appeared on Kacchan, he would make sure to ruin Izuku's day. Izuku did nothing to him, yet Kacchan hurt him almost every day. As if he need to be reminded he was a worthless loser. As if he need to be reminded that Kacchan was the only one in his life who was actually cutout to be a hero.

Izuku hated him.

Kacchan had something Izuku lacked. There was no going around it, no running from it. It was always there and eventually it tore them apart. Kacchan was always fearless, heading towards his future, beating every obstacle and leaving them behind. He left Izuku behind a long time ago.