Blame it on me chapter 13

After finishing his lunch, Katsuki reached for the bottle of water that was left there for him a while ago and chugged it all down. He drew his knees up to his chest and sobbed softly as his stomach started aching from fullness and remorse.

He was suddenly so full he felt like he was going to throw up, but one tiny part of him he hated more than anything was relieved to finally get to eat something. After his tears stopped, and he got himself together a bit, he waited until things went quiet downstairs enough for him to hope not everybody was currently located in the kitchen before he took his empty bowl downstairs.

He learned to be stealthy long ago, so leaping through the house as quietly as a ghost meant no trouble. Thankfully, the kitchen and living room area appeared to be empty. Katsuki had no idea where everyone went or what time it was. He glanced out the window to realize it was gray and cloudy outside, not at all helping in determining the time of the day.

He let that information slide as he opened the tap softly, and he started washing his bowl and the rest of the dishes that were in the sink. That was the least he could do after getting another undeserved meal.

He was as quiet as possible, placing the plates to the plate-rack with careful movements. His head was almost empty as he concentrated on the task ahead, and he got so busy doing so, he didn't even notice Shouta sneaking up behind him.

"I assume this means you ate." The man spoke up softly and relied on the side of the counter by his lower back.

The ash-blond boy didn't look up at him, not even fazed by the sudden appearance. He only nodded as an answer.

"I'm glad. There's more in case you want any." Shouta added and Katsuki shook his head as he continued to wash the dishes until he was allowed to do so.

"Do you want to make some popcorn and watch a movie?" Asked Shouta after another beat of silence.

Katsuki wondered why would anyone spend time with a waste of space like him, then he figured Aizawa just took pity on him. As much as it would've offended and angered him only a few months ago, now he decided to just roll with it.

He shrugged, one part of him telling him to refuse, but the other longed for doing something other than sitting in the corner of a room and stare at the same wall he had been for the past three days.

"We could make caramel popcorn, too. Do you like that?"

Katsuki shrugged again, getting to the last cup in the sink to wash. "I've never tried it before." He mumbled.

"Then it's time to try it." Shouta said. He picked up a wok pan, and he placed it onto the stove. "Can you microwave the popcorn?"

Katsuki did as he was told after he put the cup to the dish rack. He waited by the microwave as shivers ran down his spine. Shouta was wearing a black-and-white striped long sleeve and pink sweatpants. He didn't look like he had any problem being cold, and Katsuki wondered if he could grab a sweater from upstairs for the time being, since he shook by how cold he was. He stayed by the microwave, though, not wanting to ask for permission to leave and not knowing if Shouta would still want to spend time with him by the time he got back.