Chapter 9: Arrivals

3rd Person P.O.V.

Percy woke up alone on a beach of an unknown island, the heat of the sun was beating down on his face and sound of seagulls filled the air. The watery waves crashed against the shore line like the roar of thunder. 

And speaking of thunder, despite the clear blue sky, the son of Poseidon heard the distant sound of the sky rumbled and cackling with electricity.

"Where is it coming from? And where am I?" he thought blinked and slowly getting up, dusting the sand off of him he took in his surroundings. 

The beach was empty, not a single person was in sight. The seagulls were flying overhead but made no move to land, instead preferring to divebomb in the ocean for fish. Looking at the crystal blue water, Percy felt the need to go home but he couldn't figure out why. 

Looking behind him he saw a lush forest and seeing no other option he entered, hoping to find someone who can help him. 

The forest was beautiful, the trees were lush and healthy, the grass green and neatly thin as if someone were always taking care of it. The trees stood tall and proud, the leaves a looked to perfect to be real. Percy also noticed many fruits growing ranging from apple, to pineapple, all the way to papaya. 

As he was walking, he didn't notice the trap until it was too late. He found himself hanging upside down with a bunch of women pointing a range of weapons at him. 

"Looky, Looky" one of them sneered "A man all alone. Gutting you will be fun"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't kill your friend?"

Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons stared down at Tula's weary form. She was sitting on her throne, discussing negotiations with the Justice League on joining the UN when two of her fellow sisters brought in Tula and her male companion Garth, having found them washed upon the shores of Themyscira. 

Hippolyta knew they were Atlanteans by the way their eyes sparkled like the ocean, sorcerers too due to the fact that they reeked of magic. What she didn't understand was why? Why would Atlanteans much less a male come to the land of the Amazons?

"We had no intention of coming here Queen Hippolyta" Tula said hoping that the Amazon queen could or would understand "In fact I don't know how we did, what I do remember is that Atlantis was attacked-"

"What?!" Kaldur'am voice rounded throughout the throne room in alarm, he like many members of the Justice League as well as their protégées  were working through the negotiations with the Amazons, Tula's words struck a cord for Aquaman's apprentice. 

Tula gave Aqualad a withering glare and to her satisfaction, he cowered at before continuing "As far as we can tell, there have been no survivors. Queen Atlanna is dead, her sons Orm and Arthur along with Queen Mera may as well be. Lord Poseidon and Triton, as well as Lady Amphitrite had been sent to Tartarus by one of the unknown assailants, it would take years for them to reform" she continued. 

Murmuring rose among the Amazons and League members alike, all were shocked that someone was able to kill a god. Kaldur looked miserable, his mother and father could be dead and here he was, a sitting duck. 

Garth, whom was tied up wanted to scoff at the look his former friend was making, honestly a part of him pitied Kaldur, but most of him loathed that they were even friends to begin with. He still has and won't ever forgive Kaldur for his actions.  

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Batman asked causing Tula's eyes to twitch in irritation, "Aquaman and Aquawomen are very experienced fighters. I highly doubt they would go down so easily"