Chapter 24: Final Frontier

3rd Person P.O.V.

"So you met Gaea?"

"Yep"

"She told you that Orfeo created a monster that fused with Chthon, increasing his power because his wife died?"

"Yes that is correct"

"That Chthon is free and attacking Sokovia and that you have five of the six talismans and Infinity Stones?"

"Yes"

"How are you sane?" Garth asked. 

He, Arion, Amora, Wanda, Adam, Stephan, Doctor Fate, and Zatanna were standing in the Pool of Kings after Percy had returned from his mental adventure. There they learned that Chthon had been freed earlier by the Lords of Chaos, without the talismans. They weren't ready, not by far and yet the entire world rested on their shoulders.

"I don't think I am" Percy admitted still reeling from the information he was given, "But Gaea made it abundantly clear that only we can stop her brother"

"But how? Five of the greatest mages couldn't even do it and neither could Chthon's siblings. We're just teenagers" Wanda said stealing a glance at Stephan, "And a old man". The sorcerer bristled at this but chose not to make a comeback, more important things were at stake. 

Percy stared at Wanda for a moment, she had changed in the week that she was training. She went from someone who didn't believe in fairy tales to a fighter and a survivor. "We need to believe in ourselves and in each other" he said "We're stronger together, not apart"

Arion nodded in agreement and handed the six descendants their talismans, or rather five of them since Orfeo's black pearl was missing. Like Gaea said, Atlan's talisman was truly beautiful, shaped like a tear drop, like the tears of rainfall belonging to Mother Nature herself. Navi's moonstone was glowing in a eerie silver light, as if the moon had graced her its presence. Sycorax's talisman was like a Rubik's Cube, a small square puzzle box that looked harmless. Arion however knew it was anything but, the talisman gave the wearer the ability to not just speak any language, but also enhances spoken words. Something that would come in handy with Zatanna's spells.

Nyx's talisman was a ruby ring, and it gave the user the ability to manipulate truths as well as the ability to see in all conditions which came in handy since Nyx was blind and while Garth was not, his sight was anything but perfect.

Pyrrha's talisman was a gold coin with an image of Thalassa painted on both sides. It gave Pyrrha the ability to disperse her courage to others and transform into any weapon as long as her will was stronger than others. It was hard to match someone with willpower "Whose spirit is sure and strong".

Each talisman contained one of the Infinity Stones and Arion had warned everyone that accessing the power of the Infinity Stones was risky and should not to rely on it.

"You're not coming?" Percy asked having sensed the tone in his master's voice.

Arion gave him a pained smile, "How can I?" he asked gesturing to himself "I am nothing but a spirit without a body".

Percy however frowned, he felt like he could help him. Gaea and several others stated that he was the most powerful magic user in existence. He accessed that magic once, he can do it again. Closing his eyes, he reached out and felt Arion's essence, the very thing that made him.....him. He saw that it was small, smaller than bacteria and realized that his essence was slowly depleting due to not having an anchor to the physical world. 

With newfound determination, Percy called on his power, strands of energy shot out from the tiny form of energy and he slowly began to work, not aware of the change Arion was going through. When he was finished, he opened his eyes and gasped, there was Arion who was gapping at him and his physical form that had somehow been restored.