Chapter 13: Told off (or Percy the Squakquel)

3rd Person P.O.V.

When Annabeth and the Avengers returned to the Avengers Tower, they were met with a ticked of Black Widow, a scowling Hawkeye, a annoyed Doctor Strange, and a very pissed off and murderous Thor whose cold gaze was met with equal passion by the Justice League. They had returned from the HYDRA base in Sokovia that the Avengers had went to, to retrieve Loki's scepter when Thor called them to explain of a delusion that they got in their heads. 

"Can one of you please explain to me why on Earth you were at Olympia Corporation? Hacking away at their severs no doubt" Natasha asked looking at the returning group with narrowed eyes, none of them even had a shed of remorse for their actions. She expected Tony and Steve to pull a stunt like this, but Pepper? Annabeth as well? She expected them to be smart, but looks can be deceiving. 

Steve, the ever so great leader he was (not the sarcasm) stepped forwards, "We were investigating a possible criminal Nat" he said "Percy Jackson now Percy Aegaeus has been on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar for several years now, when he was twelve years old he was involved in a kidnapping and blew up the Saint Lewis Arch. Twelve years old!".

"Not to mention it took a great deal to hack his files" Tony grumbled remembering how despite the fact that when Steve, Sam, and Natasha outed HYDRA by revealing their information along with S.H.I.E.L.D's, Percy Jackson's file was the one file in which was not made publicized. Tony grew curious and after four weeks of hacking, managed to gain access to everything relating to Percy Jackson and dam did the kid have a hefty resume. 

"And that gives you a reason to infiltrate a public building because.....?" Clint asked not knowing what that had to do anything. 

"We were assessing a threat" Scott said only for Thor to scoff. 

"Perseus is no threat, not unless you want him to be one. He is a worthy hero who has done more good for the world than any other hero" the God of Thunder smirked at the Justice League who only grumbled insults towards the demigod and calling him lucky. Themyscira was a bruise to their ego's. 

Sam narrowed his eyes at the Asgardian, "You sound like you admire him" he noted.

Thor shrugged, "You would to if you knew exactly what he's done" he said "But perhaps Ms. Chase can enlighten you". Eyes turned to the daughter of Athena (the revelation that there were other gods out there was still a shock to Earth's Mightiest Heroes) who shifted uncomfortably at the questioning looks, having remembered that Annabeth called Percy her boyfriend. 

If only he felt the same way. 

"Percy is-was my boyfriend" she corrected, a thought she didn't like. She thought it was a repeat of when Hera took him days before Christmas Break started and strongly believed the goddess was behind it. Hera neither confirmed nor denied anything, the gods themselves admitted they knew exactly where Percy was but made no moves in saying. For the past four years both Camp Half Blood and Camp Jupiter searched high and far for him, never giving up. 

Nico had said that he wasn't dead, which was the only thing that enabled them to continue to search for him after all this time. Only now was she wondering if it was worth it, Percy had changed tremendously, it only led to more questions than answers. 

"He's a demigod son of Poseidon and the mortal Sally Jackson. He is also the most powerful demigod of his generation, taking on the God of War Ares at the age of twelve beating him, recovered the Golden Fleece on a quest to the Sea of Monsters, held up the sky" this was met with a confused look by many, "Traversed the Labyrinth, and took on Kronos at the age of sixteen to full fill a seventy year old prophecy that was spoken at the start before World War II"