Chapter 21: Answers: Part 2

3rd Person P.O.V.

Wanda blinked.

Garth's jaw dropped. 

Stephan and Zatanna shook their heads. 

Adam turned a bright blue.

Percy spoke. 

"Arion, how can we be heirs and heiresses to the powers of the greatest mages who ever lived? It doesn't make any sense. Wanda's right-we'd all be canta magi with perfect control"

Arion smiled, "You forget that canta magi are Atlanteans, and a Atlanteans powers are in their voices. The Goddess Gaea and Thalassa made it so when they transformed the Atlanteans. They strengthened our voices so that they would carry in the water. But Atlan and his fellow mages-your ancestors-were born human. Human magic takes different forms. Some of your powers do as well. The abilities you demonstrated while fight Chthon certainly suggest they do. Adam and Strange cast songspells against Chthon. Zatanna spoke and chanted. But you didn't sing Perseus. Neither did Wanda and Garth. Your powers are a mix between your ancestors magic and that of sea magic, despite most of you not being born of the sea"

"Whose descended from whom?" Garth asked "Percy's descended from Atlan for course, but what about the rest of us?"

"An excellent question" Arion said "Never before have six direct descendants been around the same age around the same time-just as the original six were" he walked towards Percy and put a hand on his shoulders "As you said Garth, Percy is the son of Atlan. He was a great leader-brave and just. His greatest power however was love"

"Love?" Wanda scoffed "How is that a power?"

"Nothing is more powerful than love" Amora said.

"Oh, no? How about a JK-67 lava bomb launcher?"

"You have much to learn" Arion said in amusement "Even your lava bomb launcher could not have saved us today. Only Percy's quick thinking could. He would have sacrificed himself for all of you. A willingness to lay down one's life for others is born of love"

"Or stupidity" Astrid said. 

It was Adam's turn. 

"One who holds the light" Arion said "You are the son of Navi. She was a wealthy women who had come from a land we now call Spain. Kind and good hearted, she used her riches to build hospitals, orphanages, and homes for the poor. She could hold light in her hands as well as her heart. She could pull light down from the moon and stars much like I could, and gave her people hope in her darkest hours"

Adam looked doubtful, "I don't know how much power I've inherited from Navi, but I was genetically engineered in a lab all the way in space. How can I be her descendant?"

"Because that is what you want to believe when in truth, you were abandoned onto the streets by your parents. Your magic manifested early and you were found by the Enclave where they've been fascinated by the genetics of magic users" Arion explained gently to a stunned Adam before looking at Strange. 

"One with spirit sure and strong. Just like your ancestor Pyrrha." he said "She was a brilliant military commander, one of the greatest. She came from the shores of Atlantic Ocean. You are like her"

"That can't be right" Stephan said frowning "I'm a neurosurgeon. And I have a lot of innovating ways to create new materials to help doctors like me do their work even better, but I don't know a thing about soldiering"

"Pyrrha started as a artisan, too-a blacksmith. She could bid fire and the magic ley lines of earth to her will. She had a forge on Atlantis, just as you do in your own mind and heart" Arion explained "One day she saw enemy ships coming and sent a boy on horseback to the capital, to alert them. Calling up the fire in her forge, she quickly transformed farm tools into weapons and armed everyone in her village. As the invaders marched through, the villagers ambushed them and held them until troops from Elysia arrived. Pyrrha helped save Atlantis with her quick thinking. As you did today by calling forth the waterfire and crafting it to your desire"