Chapter 16: Magic Spats

3rd Person P.O.V.

Percy stared at Morgana in disbelief, denial written all over his face. She couldn't possibly be insinuating that he....Percy Jackson, son of a dead queen and the Greek God of the Seas is the most powerful sorcerer to have ever lived, a being who exceeds that of both gods, titans, and even the primordials themselves. Percy shook his head, refusing to even believe such blasphemy. 

No one knows where the Arcane Sorcerer came from, only that at some point in time they gained the attention of and soon was affiliated with Gaea.  Percy didn't really believe much in the tales of the Arcane Sorcerer, mostly because the records date back to the Great Cataclysm. When Atlantis sunk deep into the ocean, part of the legend goes that the Arcane Sorcerer was the who made it so that the magic Gaea and Thalassa gave them would be strong enough to defend themselves at sea and in the rare cases of encountering a human. 

However these were all rumors as know one knows what happened the the Arcane Sorcerer since the last anyone saw from him was when Atlantis became one with the sea. 

"You're lying" Percy said, staring at Morgana in slight trepidation, having not forgotten of her when she and these Burned Ones stormed Poseidonis. 

Morgana however only chuckled, "Really? Tell me, if you are not the Arcane Sorcerer than why was your mother so adamant to have you go through with the betrothal with Matalis? Why was she always pushing you for success?"

Percy faltered at this, despite being the enemy Morgana did raise some good points. Why was his mother so demanding of him? It was a question that plagued the son of Poseidon for the past two years now. 

"Well let me tell you" Morgana said unable to hide her glee, "It was because she knew of the attacks. Your mother was a powerful seer, she knew what you were when you were born. She knew your destiny, look inside yourself. You know its true"

"That's enough Morgana" Amora ordered "You've had your fun, now let the Scarlet Witch go!". 

"Or what?" Morgana scoffed "You really think I'm scared of you? Of a bunch of teenagers?"

"Why are you doing this?" Adam demanded, his golden staff was in his hands and glowing with power "What do you gain from all this". 

Morgana just laughed, "Silly little boy, you won't get anything from me" she fired a blast of energy at Adam catching the warlock off guard and making him slam into the wall. The Burned Ones attacked but Amora was quick to but up a shield. Light green energy swirled around them making it very unlike the traditional shields used by sorcerers. 

While it didn't kill or harm them, the Burned Ones were merely pushed back by the force. "I can't hold it much longer!" Amora cried out. Seeing this, Percy directed his gaze to the sorceress and moving his hands in a silent motion, brought the entire wall from behind Morgana into her back. 

She lost her focus and dropped Wanda, but Percy quickly flew into the air and caught her before she could crash. 

"Hi" he said looking into her blue eyes which were both bright with curiosity towards her savior and also wide with shock at the experience she went through. It felt like she was trapped in a room with no air, feeling as if no one would rescue her. 

Thank god its over. 

"It's not over yet" Percy warned knowing that look all to well, he had gotten that look on his face many times in the past causing him to let down his guard, "Can you run? We need to get you out of here"

"What about Pietro?" Wanda asked and Percy looked to where Pietro was only to see him gone. 

"I wouldn't worry about him right now" Burned Ones had directed their gazes to the two, low animalistic growls were heard from the back of their throats. Percy grabbed Wanda's hand and ran in the opposite direction, Garth and Tula were right behind him but were stopped by several new faces.