Chapter 14: Camp Knows

3rd Person P.O.V.

Annabeth returned to Camp Half Blood the day after Percy left, her mind was still reeling in shock at the sight of the son of Poseidon and the Avengers demanding her to answer their questions of everything known about Perseus Jackson wasn't helping. Annabeth told them of course however she also voiced her doubts, four years can change a person and Percy looked as if he had seen things worse than Tartarus. 

The daughter of Athena was no psychic, but she can easily tell that there was an aura of sadness looming for him when he spoke of Atlantis, T'Challa's hostility only added fuel to the fire. She wondered what Percy had been up to that had made him so.....distrusting of her.

"It was because you knew that he was adopted and didn't tell him!" one side of her brain screamed at her "The Camp knew and didn't tell him. It's obvious he wants nothing to do with you or anyone else and I don't blame him"

"I didn't tell him because I knew that he would react poorly, him leaving rests my case" the other side argued and it was a very weak argument. Should her mother Athena ever hear it, she would be solely disappointed in her.  

"Annabeth, you're back!" a voice yelled out to her, breaking her out of her thoughts. 

Looking up she saw  a very beautiful girl of Native American (Cherokee) descent, with chocolate-brown hair that was cut choppy and unevenly, and had thin strands braided down on the sides. Her eyes seemed to change color like a kaleidoscope, going from brown to blue to green.  Though she wore no makeup, and she had facial imperfections (such as pimples, namely one at the base of her nose, which had been there for some time), she was still so beautiful that she drew attention even when trying not to.

Annabeth gave the girl a small smile that didn't reach her yes, "Hey Piper" she said to the daughter of Aphrodite. 

Piper McClean frowned, having seen Annabeth's expression and asked "What's wrong?"

"I found Percy Piper, gods I found him" Annabeth gave the Cherokee girl a bitter smile "And he's changed so much".

Piper gave her friend a sympathetic smile. As a daughter of the goddess of love, Piper is extremely good at reading people's emotions and she could see the pain and sadness that Annabeth was in. She was angry at Percy for making her feel this way after he just disappeared without a clue.

"Percy Jackson when I find you, you better have a good excuse as to why you've abandoned us" Piper thought before speaking out loud "You go tell Chiron, I'll see if I can round up the councilors". Annabeth nodded in thanks and went to go find the centaur while Piper went around camp to declare that a meeting was going to commence in the Big House. 

After two hours, the cabin councilors were finally seated around the Pig Pong table confused as to why they were called for an announced meeting. The gods themselves were there and were as equally confused as their children. 

"What is so important that you needed to speak with us Chiron?" Zeus, the God of the Sky and Thunder asked his half-brother. 

Chiron nodded and turned towards Annabeth with a reassuring look, "Tell them what you told Piper and I my dear" he said and Annabeth nodded. After debating on how to say what she found, the daughter of Athena decided to go blunt and to the point.

"I found Percy" she said. 

Silence. 

It was so quiet, one could easily hear a pin drop. The demigods present all stared at Annabeth with varying expressions, mostly related to anger, relief, and shock. The gods however remained as impassive as always, trying their very hardest not to sound invested. They didn't know that Poseidon had taken his son to Atlantis, nor did they know the reasoning behind it.