Prologue

Creaky stairs, wooden walls, dusty floor.

I dropped my long rugged bag on the floor and sighed.    

This is the fourth time I am changing apartments. I am not moving from here even if the roofs have holes.

I sighed and inhaled a long deep breath.

“You could've just stayed with me, Gguk.” I heard my brother’s voice from behind me.

I rubbed my temples and looked at him with a frown on my face.

“Namjoon hyung, staying with you will be the easiest option but I want to live on my own. I don’t want you to take my responsibility anymore. You’re doing a lot already anyway.” I replied with a small smile.

“Fine but I am always here, okay? If you need to leave this as well then remember my apartment’s door is always open for you.” Namjoon replied with a wide smile.

I smiled a little and then nodded my head at him.

He helped me settle down a bit and soon he left the apartment as I dropped myself on the couch.

The house is quite good and the fare was really cheap as well which made me very surprised but I didn’t question it because why should I question a good deal? 

I lied down comfortably and thought a small nap wouldn’t be that bad because it’s just 6 in the evening. 

I closed my eyes with a tired sigh.

Tap Tap Tap.

I could feel myself stirring in my sleep due to a sudden tip tap sound coming from inside the bedroom. I shifted uncomfortably on the couch to hear what the sound exactly was.

I couldn’t really sense anything.

The sound suddenly stopped as I sat up on the bed. I lied down again without much question but after about five minutes, the sound was back.

Why does it feel like someone is walking?

My sleep was already ruined so without much thought I just got up and headed towards the kitchen.

I poured a bit of water in a glass and glanced towards the clock hanging on the wall. Wow, it’s already 9. I didn’t even realize I slept for three hours.

I really don’t have anything to cook now so I have to stick to ramen again. 

I opened the packet and poured into the boiling water and turned to play music because the house is so dull and lonely.

I turned around to get my speakers when I suddenly felt someone suddenly rush out from behind the kitchen door.

I think I am still too sleepy.

I shrugged my shoulders a bit and then walked towards the bedroom to get my bluetooth speaker.

As I was hunting for my speakers in a pile of unpacked luggage, I felt like someone was staring vividly at my back.

I really need a good and long sleep.

I sighed and turned around seeing there was nothing or more like no one.

Within an hour, I was done with dinner, thanks to the music. Now, I can finally sleep.

Even though nothing felt odd but a certain feeling of being watched constantly was at the back of my mind.

I surely need a good amount of sleep.

I just placed a pillow on the bed and laid down on the blanket rather than covering myself in it.

I closed my eyes but in an instant I was drowning deep into my sleep.

Whines, small giggles and a lot of mumbling could be heard from a distance.

I guess I am just dreaming.

Suddenly a heavy wind flowed beside me that instantly woke me up. I sat up on the bed and realized that I am sweating.

Was it a dream?

I frowned deeply because my sleep was broken due to a stupid dream.

I glanced at the clock that showed it was 3am.

I was really annoyed and lied down again. This is probably happening because this is a new place. I have a habit of not getting good sleep when I am at a new place.

I closed my eyes in hope that my sleep would pity me and come back to me while the whines and mumbles were suddenly back again and I realized I wasn’t dreaming.

I shot up and stared at the wall in front of me with wide eyes.

What’s happening?

I could sense that the sounds were coming from my room itself but there was nothing, there was no one except me here.

I could feel beads of sweat form on my forehead because of course I was freaking out.

The noises were not stopping and I looked around my room but there was nothing there.

I gulped a bit and mumbled out a small sentence but realized it was too soft for anyone to hear it so I said it out loudly this time.

“Who’s there?” 

And magically the sounds, noises stopped and the only sound present in the room was of my loud breathing.

I asked the same question again but only my voice echoed in the room.

Something is definitely wrong. This house does look lonely but suddenly it doesn’t seem so lonely anymore.

Look who is back super fast?🤭🤭

I PURPLE YOU!!💜💜💜💜

Love,
Miri!😚