Chapter 3

Like the last three days, Jeongguk woke up to a perfect, beautiful room which was his of course. The night before was again pushed completely at the back of his head because these things can't affect him. Not anymore. He can't let these affect him because for God sake, he needs this apartment. This is the fourth one and he can't change again. 

Jeongguk groaned a bit and sleepily sat up on his bed and mumbled out some incoherent words. He doesn't want to go to work because he is just so tired. Tired with life. He groaned loudly and yelled a 'fuck my life' and punched his pillow aggressively. 

Right at that moment he heard a faint giggle. 

Ghosts roam around freely in broad daylight as well? 

Jeongguk literally voiced his thoughts out loud when he suddenly felt a rush of wind near his ear and he heard a faint 'idiot' next to his ears. 

He immediately looked towards his right and of course there was nothing. He was about to get up and head towards the washroom when the shifting of curtains on it's own came to his view. He watched the scene unfold in front of his wide eyes. He stood frozen in his tracks and he felt like the world was spinning around him. He immediately caught hold of the table beside him and balanced himself because he can't be going crazy. Was he still seeing things? That's quite not possible. 

He shook his head and took in deep breaths and entered the washroom. He doesn't want to think anything now, he just wants to get the fuck out of his house and get to work. 

He finished his morning routine in a hurry, almost tripping a couple of times in the shower and dressed up messily. 

He somehow managed to do his hair and he didn't even bother to check himself in the mirror, he just dashed out of the house. Well, he left the apartment but his ears did catch up a faint 'tsk' sound that came from inside. He shakily locked his apartment and ran out. 

He halted in his tracks once he was out on the street and took in deep breaths. He closed his eyes and he felt like crying, almost. He wanted to shout out for help, he wanted to tell his hyungs at least that things were getting out of his hands and he didn't know what to do. But he can't. He can't rather he doesn't want to tell his hyungs anything because then they will ask him to get back to them and he definitely doesn't want to be a burden. Not anymore. He has been one for a very long time and now he just wants to be on his own, he wants to be strong and he will be. 

Jeongguk made his way to the cafe and wished he did a job where he actually could show his talents or skills. He is a computer engineer for God sake but now it seems as if life failed him there as well. Two years passed after his graduation and here he is working at a cafe and at a library in the evening. Both nowhere near to a work a computer engineer does. 

"Gguk, table number 5 wants a cappuccino and chocolate chip cookies. Please don't be late." Jack, Jeongguk's co-worker asked him while Jeongguk prepared the order right away. 

Well Jack and Jeongguk may seem close but they are nothing more than acquaintances. Yes, did Jeongguk mention that he has no friends other than three who forcefully adopted him and made sure he couldn't run away? No? Well now you know. 

"Cappuccino with chocolate chip cookies, please enj---Yoongi hyung?" Jeongguk asked with a wide smile as the latter returned him the smile in a more gummy manner. 

"Hey gguk! Enjoying work I see." Yoongi replied with a playful smile. 

Jeongguk couldn't help but snicker. 

"You can't join now can you?" Yoongi asked, now tapping his fingers on the table. 

"I can take a break in ten, I'll join then. But your order definitely isn't you, Yoongi hyung." Jeongguk said with a knowing smirk.