Chapter 31

"He would freak out my dear ggukie because it's not everyday you see your dead boyfriend, who you murdered in your house that too on your own anniversary." Taehyung replied with a stern voice and everything suddenly went quiet and calm.

A creepy silence filled the house.

A sudden struck of lightning outside made the raven-haired male evidently flinch because the off-season downpour wasn't helping the situation at all.

"He d-did w-what?" Jeongguk asked in a whisper-like tone as he gulped, tightening his hold around the silver-head.

"He murdered me." Taehyung uttered sternly as his hold on Jeongguk's hand tightened.

"Isn't this guy the same person I bumped into that ca---No wonder you locked yourself after that and behaved so strangely.I can't believe this. And he is out there roaming around freely as if nothing happened and---and--I will kill him. He doesn't deserve to live." Jeongguk replied as his eyes turned dark due to anger. His entire body was shivering due to extreme anger.

"No Ggukie, you just can't go there and kill him. If you do that then there would be no difference between him and you." Taehyung whispered softly as he placed a chaste kiss on Jeongguk's cheek to calm him down.

"Tell me everything. How did the situation get this--that bad?" Jeongguk asked as he caressed the silver-head's hair.

"As I said Ggukie, our relationship turned toxic and abusive. But that wasn't the reason exactly." Taehyung started inhaling a deep breath.

"After everything, when he saw that I was almost giving up, he thought that it's better to give up on the relationship as well b-but he saw me working hard for this relationship and he knew though it looked like I am giving up, I would still hold onto him s-so---" Taehyung said but he abruptly stopped.

"So?" Jeongguk whispered softly as he placed a kiss on the silver-head's ears.

"S-So he went ahead and c-cheated on me. That fucking asshole cheated on me and h-he made sure that h-he did it somewhere---where I would witness it. T-That night broke m-me, Ggukie. He completely broke me, Ggukie." Taehyung completed the sentence with a small whisper.

Jeongguk immediately hugged him from the back and placed his chin on Taehyung's shoulder and kept pecking it lightly as Taehyung's arms we're already placed on Jeongguk's thigh.

"Yet you were so afraid to love me because you thought you loved him?" Jeongguk asked softly.

Taehyung chuckled a bit.

"I think I loved the feeling of love, Ggukie because there was honestly nothing in him to love. But you know, once you love the feeling of love, you get used to the person from whom you get the feeling of love. Even if they commit crimes, you would still go back to them. And that was exactly me. I kept going back to him, I was blind. I wish my mind wasn't that clouded orelse we could get together much earlier." Taehyung said with a big pout.

"God, you're sharing your past yet look at you pouting because you couldn't get with me faster than we did." Jeongguk replied with a small chuckle.

"I am not sad about my past, at least not my past with him. He is an asshole and every other curse in this world." Taehyung replied as he pouted while glaring.

Jeongguk laughed a bit and kissed the silver-head's neck softly as the latter hummed, closing his eyes.

"And baby, you're broken yet you know broken things are sometimes the prettiest? You're like a shooting star, broken, falling yet beautiful, people crave for you, I crave for you. I don't care if you're broken, dove because here I am. Your Ggukie is here to mend your broken heart, I'll piece it up together with my love. I'll spoil you so much that you won't even remember what he said or what he did." Jeongguk said in a soft voice as a wide smile played on Taehyung's lips.