Chapter 16

Legs jumped up and down continuously without any reason though he knew why. He was nervous again. The same feeling of nervousness and slight sadness at the pit of his stomach. He knew the reason behind the nervousness but the sadness? He didn't.

Taehyung glanced at the clock. 9pm. The ravenette still wasn't back from his date. If he wasn't back yet then he certainly was enjoying himself and we could say this time he succeeded right? Suddenly a strange lump felt around his chest and throat. He should be happy if the date was successful right? Then why suddenly the situation doesn't sit right with him?

He stared at his jumpy legs and drowned himself into deep thoughts. He suddenly chuckled loudly. Of course he knows why the feeling wasn't sitting right with him because he was missing the feeling. It's been really long since he has been on a date. It's been so long that he felt tingly and bubbly due to a date. He was happy for his best friend but he couldn't help feeling a little jealous because he wished he could enjoy going on dates as well.

No wonder he was feeling strange from the time his best friend left for his date. He just hopes that he succeeded this time.

He walked to the kitchen and brought out a strawberry milk from the refrigerator and sipped on it happily but the strange feeling in his stomach and chest still did not subside even though he realized the reason.

"It's okay though if he doesn't enjoy the date." Taehyung mumbled to himself, pouting at the strawberry milk.

"I'll just look for someone else." Taehyung continued mumbling to himself.

Just on cue, the entrance of the apartment opened indicating Jeongguk was back even though the boy did yell a 'I am home'.

Taehyung immediately placed the half drunk strawberry milk on the dining table and rushed towards the door to see a smiling Jeongguk.

Somehow the smile didn't make the silver-head smile but then he shrugged the feeling aside guessing he was jealous again and he immediately wiggled his eyebrows with a smug grin on his lips.

"How was it?" Taehyung asked, his eyebrows still wiggling.

"God, you're literally like every mother on this planet asking their child how their paper went after he returns from attending an exam. 'How was it?'" Jeongguk couldn't help but mimic the elder.

"If that's how you're gonna reply to me on time then, tell mommy how was your date?" Taehyung asked impatiently, laughing a bit.

"Mommy, the date was unsuccessful. Happy?" Jeongguk asked, tilting his head with a fake smile etched to his lips as he walked towards the kitchen to drink water.

Taehyung frowned and placed his hands on his hips.

"Why? What happened this time?" Taehyung asked, the frown not disappearing.

"He is trying to move on from a heartbreak and I am really not ready to be someone's rebound." Jeongguk replied as he drank a glass of water in one go. His body wasn't dehydrated but his mind definitely was.

"What the fuck? Really? What an asshole." Taehyung immediately yelled glaring at the glass in Jeongguk's hand.

"No he wasn't. He was sweet and well we kinda became friends. He is a good guy." Jeongguk replied with a sigh, clearly tired. Again not physically but mentally.

"You go on dates, never get a second date but definitely get yourself a friend." Taehyung replied, mumbling, rolling his eyes.

Yes. Taehyung knows how Ji-eun is Jeongguk's friend now.

"I am tired now,Tae. Can I go to sleep now or there are more interrogations?" Jeongguk asked without any expression on his face.

Taehyung stared at the blank Jeongguk in front of him and suddenly he felt cold. The warmness that Jeongguk's features always radiated, missing making him so distant.