● Act Seven - Cute Boy ●

ATTENTION

TW: None.

-------------------------------------------------------

As I got inside the dressing room I started to get ready for my shift

As I got inside the dressing room I started to get ready for my shift. Choosing to go with simple makeup I grabbed my dark blue and black eyeliner and applied, doing a fishtail-like look, I didn't put any foundation because if I did I would have to reapply way too many times during the night due to sweating, and let's be honest none of us have the disposition to do it. Sweat and foundation are a messy combination that can bring pimples and we don't want pimples. I finished and started grabbing my outfit for the night, a black fifteen inches heel with a blue top. 

Stepping out of the room I was previously in, I walk through a small hall and go up the stair that leads towards our entrance to the actual club. 

Barely caching the concept of what music was playing one of our most recent hired barmaids, Nikki, waved at me from the bar, signalling that I should approach her. The balcony where drinks were served wasn't too far from where I was standing so it was possible to see that the woman appeared very nervous as if she had something important to say.

The moment I say hi to her she pulled me behind the counter, her platinum hair was tied up in a bun, her clothes were the typical uniform for barmaids at Yummy, a waistcoat, and tie, both black with a paisley silver pattern.

- Quackity, there is a gentleman that requested your presence in one of the V.I.P areas. - she points towards one of ours doors that lead to the section.

- Ok? It isn't the first time this happens why are you so baffled about it? - I inquired

- He is royalty Quackity! Royalty! Out and fresh from Kinoko.

- How did you figure that out?

- He was wearing that little insignia on his chest.

- And he requested me?

- Yeah, I just said that.

- Shit, quickly, do I look good?

- Not really, no.

Said the girl playfully.

- Nikki this is serious, I can't give a bad impression to royalty, what is he a baron?

- I don't know, I couldn't get a good look. But he had about two very strong, tall men with him, like bodyguards.

- Ok, that's fine, everything is going to be ok, I never performed for someone like him, and if I fail I would be losing a potential regular and apparently very rich client that could bring more people from the kingdom, but that's fine. Right?

- Just don't kill someone. Or yourself. - Nikki says with a half-smile.

- You're not making things easy young lady.

- If you continue talking to me he is going to be mad for the waiting.

- Ok, yeah, I'm going to go now.

I started walking towards the V.I.P section. The bouncer let me in. He was pale as if his whole family has just been threatened.

The room was dark, I couldn't see much of the people inside of it apart from their silhouette. Music was playing loudly but I can assure you that there was not a place in the world in more deep silence than that room.

The three men were sitting on a purple velvet couch. Wishing to see their outfit better I go up the little stage whilst maintaining strong eye contact, but before anything could be started his voice echoed through my ears.

- That's a pretty boy. I want him.

The only thing going on in my mind was just batshit confusion. I couldn't grab the grasp what I've heard. I felt like an object. But that wasn't the first time a feeling like that tormented my mind during my years of career.

That was just something so abruptly disgusting yet intriguing about how he put it. My mind was full of thoughts but the only one that I managed to properly enunciate was:

- Excuse me sir, but what the actual fuck do you mean by that?

The royal men said to the bodyguard at his left something in an unknown language and then afterwards the same men switched the lights on and told me to sit down next to who he called his highness.

Things were scary from my point of view but I did as I was told to.

Accommodating myself made it easier to contemplate the one that sat not even three inches away from me. The royal boy was dressed in a black suit with green floral patterns. He had very light makeup, I was only able to truly see a delicate green blush present both on his cheeks and the tip of his nose.

- Look, I didn't mean to say that it in a way that could potentially scare you.

-Well, but you did, didn't you?

He chuckles softly, hands messing with his hair, smiling, and then answering me.

- Yeah, yeah ... I suppose I did.

After that, we heard the first of many explosions, and the rest of it you already know how it goes.

------------------------------------------------------

Hi, just passing to remind you that I'm not talking about the streamers so try to imagine them as some random fanart from their skin that you liked.

Thanks very much for reading!

( also, 3 inches = 10 cm)