● Act Twenty-Four - Partners? ●

ATTENTION

TW: None.

------------------------------------------------

Great, I was so taken back by the joy of seeing the man that owns my whole fucking heart that I forgot the basic English language. Keep it cool Quackity. You got to woo him. More than you already have with your fantastic personality and almost-okay beauty.

What? I do not have an eye. You cannot expect me to fully love myself. We got to give time to time, people.

Focus Quackity, focus. Think about something simple yet seductive. Got to make him understand that, if he wants to, I'm ready for a fully committed relationship. Show that my heart is open, that my soul is set ready to be merged with his. That I have been craving his lips since the last time they touched.

- Karl, hi!

Yes, this is it, the epitome of romance. Can you see the finesse? The ferocity? The love?

What was that? Oh, you cannot? Really?

That must have been because I'm a dumb, unworthy, ugly bitch who cannot speak with someone I like without either being extremely awkward or a complete whore.

Is the second strike in a thirty seconds conversation.

Why is being gay such an arduous task?

But I feel things can work out. Yeah, I really think things could work out. All I need is practice and patience, both things which he is willing to do.

- Hi, so, I have been looking for you. Are yo-are you ok? I was a bit worried about all the running stuff.

Oh yeah, I did that, did I not?

- So, it was kind of an emergency, related to you, in a way, but not really, mostly it was just me, but still with a bit you.

When have I become so blind?

- Right ... Do you want to talk about it?

No. God, no. One thousand times no. Just no. No.

-Yes.

Fuck!

Ok, that did not come out the way I expected it would. It is impossible to tell him the truth now. I mean, I do not feel ready at all to share this mentally fucked awakening I had.

Let us lie. Lying never did anyone harm. Yes, perfect, say you were at the bathroom, you ate too many beans, totally possible thing to happen. I'm a deceive genius.

- I was preparing something, a surprise for you.

This was not the arranged plan. Where are we going with this sentence? Why do I think something and say another? Why is this happening to me? Why can I be cohesive for once? Why is being mentally unstable such a pain in my ass? Who the fuck is responsible for Diana's death?

- Me? That's such a nice gesture! Do I get to know what it is now, or do I have to wait a bit more?

How I wish so bad to I could kiss him. Technically, I can. But before that, I need to finish what I started, which, let us be honest, can go in any direction at this point.

- You can know now, is fine.

I need to think about a good enough surprise that will make him forget everything else, no further questions.

- I want you to be my boyfriend.

Yeah, that will do.

The prince's face was exuding a green blush in his cheeks. It is from the nature of Kinoko kingdom natives to have green blood instead of red. Maybe that is what makes it a difference? Should have paid attention in my biologies class.

Contradicting what would have been a proper answer, with words, sentences, phrases even, Karl instead follow a dubious route. He looked down, blushed, and mumbled gibberish on his own tongue.

-Oԋ Fɾҽҽƚɾα ɠσԃ, ɱҽƚ ɯιʅʅ Zα ԃҽαʅ ɯιƚԋ Sҽϝɾҽ? Zα Eɾ ιɳ Sαιɠαʅ!ȥ

That sounds pretty. Did not understood shit, though.

- Was that a yes, or I am getting rejected?

Karl stopped, staring into my eyes, gain some confidence in his computer, and as he entered my personal space, the royal cupped my face and kissed me fearfully. It was fast, more of a quick strong peck than a kiss.

- Yes. I am your boyfriend, and you are my boyfriend, and we are boyfriends.

Oh my God, he has such a way with words.

I place my arms around his neck and connect our lips once more. I can feel him smiling during it. The taste of his lips is almost like a drug, except I doubt I will ever die for completely overdosing on them. I give him several pecks in the end, not only on his lips but all around his face. Such a work of art deserves to be worshipped properly.