● Act Eleven - Ladies and gentleman, Her ™●

ATTENTION.

TW: Almost death experience. Mention of war. Depression. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Three years prior.

Nikki was only thirteen when she got dragged into the middle of a war. She didn't ask for it, but her planet was getting careless and thought that using children to win the war could be an innovative idea. It wasn't, but the courage to go against the government orders was long lost.

So she did what was she was expected to.

She fought, studied, developed unique skills to go high up the rank. Becoming a sergeant at the age of eighteen. Not bad. Enough to make her country proud.

It was not what the girl desired, but in her eyes, it was the only thing she could do. Only being that way because she never found the time or disposition to figure out her true wishes in life. Always too busy, too tired for anything but to fight.

This miserable routine turned into a miserable life quickly. Nikki superiors always praised her and were constantly using the girl as a perfect example of a patriot citizen. The positive effect that those compliments once had now transformed themselves into pure neutrality. She didn't felt anything when receiving them. As a matter of fact, she stopped feeling anything at all.

Her life was now bland. Everything became black and white. The reason to be alive began to fade in the same way the bloodstains in her clothes would eventually do.

Her conscience got to her. The weight of guilt felt unbearable. The young one just wanted to disappear, to close her eyes and to never awake again. To stop feeling the constant ache on her heart every second that passed on her miserable life.

She wished that everything would end. Forever and with no turning back.

To sleep and never be awake again.

It was a deplorable Wednesday when Nikki superior got between her and her meal, demanding her presence in his office. When she got there, no request was made, only one command was given.

She wasn't allowed to ask questions. Her only responsibility was to retrieve something, a stone that once was lost.